Anthony S Basile
Affiliation: DOV Pharmaceutical
- Anxioselective anxiolytics: can less be more?Anthony S Basile
DOV Pharmaceutical, Inc, 433 Hackensack Avenue, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 500:441-51. 2004..This article reviews the nonclinical and clinical studies of "anxioselective" anxiolytics that target GABA(A) receptors and discusses potential mechanisms subserving an anxioselective profile...
- Pharmacological Properties of DOV 315,090, an ocinaplon metaboliteDmytro Berezhnoy
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMC Pharmacol 8:11. 2008....
- Characterization of the antinociceptive actions of bicifadine in models of acute, persistent, and chronic painAnthony S Basile
DOV Pharmaceutical, Inc, 150 Pierce St, Somerset, NJ 08873 4185, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 321:1208-25. 2007....
- Vivitrex, an injectable, extended-release formulation of naltrexone, provides pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evidence of efficacy for 1 month in ratsRaymond T Bartus
Alkermes, Inc, Cambridge, MA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:1973-82. 2003..Clinical trials of extended release naltrexone for treating alcohol and opiate dependency are currently ongoing...
- The triple uptake inhibitor (1R,5S)-(+)-1-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)-3-azabicyclo[3.1.0] hexane hydrochloride (DOV 21947) reduces body weight and plasma triglycerides in rodent models of diet-induced obesityJoseph P Tizzano
Department of Preclinical Pharmacology, DOV Pharmaceutical, Inc, 150 Pierce St, Somerset, NJ 08873 4185, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:1111-26. 2008..In summary, DOV 21947 is effective in causing a sustained and selective reduction in fat content and triglyceride levels in animal models of obesity without significantly altering vital organ function...
- Triple reuptake inhibitors ("broad spectrum" antidepressants)Phil Skolnick
DOV Pharmaceutical, Inc, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 6:141-9. 2007..This review provides a rationale for developing this class of compound and describes the results of preclinical and clinical studies with a family of triple reuptake inhibitors...
- Inhibitors of cyclooxygenase-2, but not cyclooxygenase-1 provide structural and functional protection against quinolinic acid-induced neurodegenerationHeather C Salzberg-Brenhouse
Division of Biological Research, Alkermes, Inc, 88 Sidney St, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 306:218-28. 2003....
- Pharmacological profile of the "triple" monoamine neurotransmitter uptake inhibitor, DOV 102,677Piotr Popik
Behavioral Neuroscience Laboratory, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, 31-343, Krakow, Poland
Cell Mol Neurobiol 26:857-73. 2006..5. In summary, DOV 102,677 is an orally active, "balanced" inhibitor of DAT, NET and SERT with therapeutic versatility in treating neuropsychiatric disorders beyond depression...
- The anxioselective agent 7-(2-chloropyridin-4-yl)pyrazolo-[1,5-a]-pyrimidin-3-yl](pyridin-2-yl)methanone (DOV 51892) is more efficacious than diazepam at enhancing GABA-gated currents at alpha1 subunit-containing GABAA receptorsPiotr Popik
Behavioral Neuroscience, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:1244-52. 2006....
- A murine model of retroviral encephalopathyYoshitatsu Sei
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Curr Protoc Neurosci . 2002..The model is robust, develops rapidly and does not require the use of human pathogens. In addition, the behavioral and neurochemical characteristics of this model is reviewed...
- Direct and indirect enhancement of GABAergic neurotransmission by ammonia: implications for the pathogenesis of hyperammonemic syndromesAnthony S Basile
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Institutes of Health, Building 8, Room 121, MSC 0826, NIDDK, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neurochem Int 41:115-22. 2002....
- Deletion of the M5 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor attenuates morphine reinforcement and withdrawal but not morphine analgesiaAnthony S Basile
Neuroscience Group, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11452-7. 2002..The finding that M5 receptor activity modulates both morphine reward and withdrawal processes suggests that M5 receptors may represent a novel target for the treatment of opiate addiction...
- M2 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor knock-out mice show deficits in behavioral flexibility, working memory, and hippocampal plasticityThomas Seeger
Department of Physiology, University of Munich, D 80336 Munich, Germany
J Neurosci 24:10117-27. 2004..Because impaired muscarinic cholinergic neurotransmission is associated with Alzheimer's disease and normal aging processes, these findings should be of considerable therapeutic relevance...
- Multiple muscarinic acetylcholine receptor subtypes modulate striatal dopamine release, as studied with M1-M5 muscarinic receptor knock-out miceWeilie Zhang
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0810, USA
J Neurosci 22:6347-52. 2002..These findings should contribute to a better understanding of the important functional roles that the muscarinic cholinergic system plays in striatal function...
- A pulmonary formulation of L-dopa enhances its effectiveness in a rat model of Parkinson's diseaseRaymond T Bartus
Alkermes Inc, Cambridge, MA, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 310:828-35. 2004....
- Novel insights into M5 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor function by the use of gene targeting technologyMasahisa Yamada
Molecular Signaling Section, Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bldg 8A, Room B1A 05, 8 Center Drive MSC 0810, Bethesda, MD 20892 0810, USA
Life Sci 74:345-53. 2003..These findings may lead to novel therapeutic strategies for the treatment of drug addiction and certain cerebrovascular disorders...
- Peripheral benzodiazepine receptors and mitochondrial functionPierre Casellas
Department of Immunology Oncology, Sanofi Synthelabo, Montpellier, France
Neurochem Int 40:475-86. 2002....