Dennis C Donat
- An analysis of successful efforts to reduce the use of seclusion and restraint at a public psychiatric hospitalDennis C Donat
Department of Psychology, Western State Hospital, Staunton, Virginia 22042, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:1119-23. 2003....
- Encouraging alternatives to seclusion, restraint, and reliance on PRN drugs in a public psychiatric hospitalDennis C Donat
Department of Psychology, Western State Hospital, P O Box 2500, Staunton, Virginia 24402, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:1105-8. 2005..Given the wealth of supportive data to confirm the value of behavioral applications, there is no excuse for failing to aggressively pursue these options...
- Impact of a clinical-administrative review procedure on reducing reliance on psychotropic PRN medicationDennis C Donat
Valley Community Services Board of Augusta County, Virginia, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 29:215-8. 2006..4 per week after initiation, a reduction of 40%. The results underscore the importance of clinical/administrative behavior for encouraging alternatives to psychotropic PRN reliance in behavior management...
- Employing behavioral methods to improve the context of care within a public psychiatric hospital: enhancing psychosocial programmingDennis C Donat
Western State Hospital, Staunton, VA, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 30:137-40. 2006..The relevance of behavioral science and technology for planning and implementing such change in resource-challenged organizations is discussed...
- Impact of improved staffing on seclusion/restraint reliance in a public psychiatric hospitalDennis C Donat
Western State Hospital, Psychology Department, Staunton, VA 24401, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 25:413-6. 2002..The results provide support for the premise that, in addition to education, training and competence of direct care staff the simple number of staff members in relation to number of individuals they assist, is a relevant area of concern...
- Employing behavioral methods to improve the context of care in a public psychiatric hospital: some applications to health care managementDennis C Donat
Western State Hospital, Psychology Department, Staunton, VA 24402, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 27:177-81. 2003..The potential of these procedures for administering health care provision as well as the challenges encountered in realizing such applications are discussed...
- Treatment of psychiatric impairment complicated by co-occurring substance use: impact on rehospitalizationDennis C Donat
Psychological Services, Western State Hospital, Stanton, VA 24402 2500, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 28:78-82. 2004..The implications of our procedures for treatment in similar settings, as well as how treatment in such settings can be evaluated, are discussed...