E Sanders Buell
Affiliation: Division of Retrovirology
- A nascent HIV type 1 epidemic among injecting drug users in Kabul, Afghanistan is dominated by complex AD recombinant strain, CRF35_ADE Sanders-Buell
US Military HIV Research Program Division of Retrovirology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Rockville Maryland 20850, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:834-9. 2007..2% HIV-1 prevalence, are either CRF35_AD or a related recombinant. Voluntary HIV-1 screening and harm reduction programs in Afghanistan, applied now, could limit the spread of HIV-1, both in IDUs and in other social networks...
- The AG recombinant IbNG and novel strains of group M HIV-1 are common in CameroonJ K Carr
Henry M Jackson Foundation, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Virology 286:168-81. 2001..This suggests that there was an ancestral AG recombinant that gave rise to CRF02 AG (IbNG), the successful circulating recombinant form, and to others that were less successful and are now rare...
- In-depth analysis of a heterosexually acquired human immunodeficiency virus type 1 superinfection: evolution, temporal fluctuation, and intercompartment dynamics from the seronegative window period through 30 months postinfectionF E McCutchan
US Military HIV Research Program, 1600 E Gude Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Virol 79:11693-704. 2005....
- Evolution and probable transmission of intersubtype recombinant human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in a Zambian coupleM O Salminen
Henry M Jackson Foundation and Division of Retrovirology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Virol 71:2647-55. 1997..Intersubtype recombination apparently played a central role in the evolution of HIV-1 in this couple and may contribute substantially to the rapid emergence of HIV-1 variants whenever mixed-subtype HIV-1 infections occur...
- Infectious molecular clones with the nonhomologous dimer initiation sequences found in different subtypes of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 can recombine and initiate a spreading infection in vitroD C St Louis
The Henry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine and Division of Retrovirology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Virol 72:3991-8. 1998..Our studies indicate that the nonhomologous DIS sequences found in different HIV-1 subtypes are not a primary obstacle to intersubtype recombination...
- In-depth, longitudinal analysis of viral quasispecies from an individual triply infected with late-stage human immunodeficiency virus type 1, using a multiple PCR primer approachM Gerhardt
Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Virol 79:8249-61. 2005..In a separate experiment, we confirmed that the detection of co-infections is more efficient with the use of multiple amplification primers to overcome the primer bias that results from the enormous diversity in the HIV-1 genome...