Robert T Rolfs
Affiliation: Division of Epidemiology and Laboratory Services
- A case for using grid architecture for state public health informatics: the Utah perspectiveCatherine J Staes
Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 9:32. 2009....
- Modeling the variations in pediatric respiratory syncytial virus seasonal epidemicsMolly Leecaster
Division of Epidemiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
BMC Infect Dis 11:105. 2011..Prediction of epidemic characteristics would support management of resources and treatment...
- Utah clinical guidelines on prescribing opioids for treatment of painRobert T Rolfs
Utah Department of Health, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114 2104, USA
J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 24:219-35. 2010..The final guidelines include 20 tools for providers to use in their practice. The complete version of the guidelines and the accompanying tools are available at: www.useonlyasdirected.org or www.health.utah.gov/prescription...
- Outbreak of Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli O157:H7 infections associated with rodeo attendance, Utah and Idaho, 2009William A Lanier
Bureau of Epidemiology, Utah Department of Health, Salt Lake City, UT 84114, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 8:1131-3. 2011..In summer 2009, the Utah Department of Health investigated an outbreak of Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli (STEC) O157:H7 (O157) illness associated with attendance at multiple rodeos...
- Specialty of prescribers associated with prescription opioid fatalities in Utah, 2002-2010Christina A Porucznik
Division of Public Health, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Pain Med 15:73-8. 2014..Little information exists on the amount of opioids various medical specialties prescribe and the opioid fatality rate that would be expected if prescription opioid-related deaths were independent of medical specialty...
- Unintentional prescription opioid-related overdose deaths: description of decedents by next of kin or best contact, Utah, 2008-2009Erin M Johnson
Utah Department of Health, Prescription Pain Medication Program, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:522-9. 2013..Little is known about the characteristics that may predispose an individual to being at risk for fatal overdose from prescription opioids...
- Opioid prescribing knowledge and practices: provider survey following promulgation of guidelines-Utah, 2011Christina A Porucznik
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Opioid Manag 9:217-24. 2013..The objective was to evaluate the impact of the Guidelines on provider behaviors such as documentation and use of screening tools...
- Risk factors for prescription opioid-related death, Utah, 2008-2009William A Lanier
Utah Department of Health, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Pain Med 13:1580-9. 2012..Utah prescription opioid death rates increased nearly fivefold during 2000-2009. Inadequate understanding of risk factors hinders prevention. The goal of this study was to determine risk factors for prescription opioid death in Utah...
- State-level strategies for reducing prescription drug overdose deaths: Utah's prescription safety programErin M Johnson
Prescription Pain Medication Program, Utah Department of Health, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Pain Med 12:S66-72. 2011..Program goals included educating the public, providers, and patients on prescription safety and creating guidelines for providers on prescribing opioids...