- The effect of pegylated interferon-alpha2b and ribavirin on posttraumatic stress disorder symptomsEric Dieperink
Dept of Psychiatry and the Hepatitis C Resource Center at the VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Psychosomatics 49:225-9. 2008..Patients with chronic psychiatric diagnoses have a prevalence of chronic hepatitis C (HCV) approximately 11 times higher than the general American population. Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is particularly common among HCV patients...
- Integrated psychiatric/medical care in a chronic hepatitis C clinic: effect on antiviral treatment evaluation and outcomesAstrid Knott
Hepatitis C Resource Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:2254-62. 2006..We evaluated the effect of integrating psychiatric and medical care on evaluation for and initiation of antiviral treatment in a cohort of 184 patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Suicidal ideation during interferon-alpha2b and ribavirin treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis CEric Dieperink
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 26:237-40. 2004..No subjects attempted suicide. Although SI in some form is common in hepatitis C patients, in most cases it is mild in nature. With adequate support most patients can successfully complete a full course of antiviral treatment...
- Outcomes of a Hepatitis C screening program at a large urban VA medical centerHolly Groom
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:97-106. 2008..To determine the outcomes of implementing clinical care guidelines for Hepatitis C screening, evaluation, and treatment in a large urban Veterans Affairs Medical Center...
- A prospective study of neuropsychiatric symptoms associated with interferon-alpha-2b and ribavirin therapy for patients with chronic hepatitis CEric Dieperink
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Psychosomatics 44:104-12. 2003..The control group of 13 untreated subjects showed little change over the 24-week period. All symptom scales were highly intercorrelated, suggesting that use of one is sufficient for monitoring symptoms...
- Integrating hepatitis prevention services into a substance use disorder clinicHildi Hagedorn
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 32:391-8. 2007..The importance of providing comprehensive educational sessions and recommendations for how patients with substance use disorders can access hepatitis screening, vaccination, and treatment resources are stressed...
- Alcohol use and treatment of hepatitis C virus: results of a national multicenter studyBhupinder S Anand
Department of Medicine, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Gastroenterology 130:1607-16. 2006..The aim of the study was to determine the impact of alcohol use on HCV treatment outcomes...
- Management of chronic hepatitis C in veterans: the potential of integrated care modelsSamuel B Ho
Department of Medicine, VA San Diego Healthcare System and University of California, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1810-23. 2008....
- Spectrum of disease in U.S. veteran patients with hepatitis CHuy A Nguyen
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55417, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1813-20. 2002..The purpose of this study was to examine the risk factors, psychiatric and substance abuse conditions, and severity of liver disease in veterans with HCV...
- U.S. multicenter pilot study of daily consensus interferon (CIFN) plus ribavirin for "difficult-to-treat" HCV genotype 1 patientsSamuel B Ho
VA San Diego Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:880-8. 2011..The purpose of this pilot study was to determine the efficacy and safety of daily CIFN + RBV for initial treatment of patients with HCV-1 infection...
- Organizational change in management of hepatitis C: evaluation of a CME programJudith Garrard
Division of Health Services Research, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 26:145-60. 2006..We describe a continuing medical education (CME) program for clinicians in a nationwide health care system, with emphasis on current treatment practices, multispecialty collaboration, and organizational change...
- The effect of stimulant use on antiviral treatment in an integrated hepatitis clinicEric Dieperink
Department of Psychiatry, Minneapolis VA Health Care System, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 35:387-92. 2013..The objective was to determine the impact of stimulant use on antiviral treatment for chronic hepatitis C patients in an integrated hepatitis clinic...