- The effect of pegylated interferon-alpha2b and ribavirin on posttraumatic stress disorder symptomsEric Dieperink
Dept of Psychiatry and the Hepatitis C Resource Center at the VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Psychosomatics 49:225-9. 2008..Patients with chronic psychiatric diagnoses have a prevalence of chronic hepatitis C (HCV) approximately 11 times higher than the general American population. Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is particularly common among HCV patients...
- Integrated psychiatric/medical care in a chronic hepatitis C clinic: effect on antiviral treatment evaluation and outcomesAstrid Knott
Hepatitis C Resource Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:2254-62. 2006..We evaluated the effect of integrating psychiatric and medical care on evaluation for and initiation of antiviral treatment in a cohort of 184 patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Suicidal ideation during interferon-alpha2b and ribavirin treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis CEric Dieperink
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 26:237-40. 2004..No subjects attempted suicide. Although SI in some form is common in hepatitis C patients, in most cases it is mild in nature. With adequate support most patients can successfully complete a full course of antiviral treatment...
- Outcomes of a Hepatitis C screening program at a large urban VA medical centerHolly Groom
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:97-106. 2008..To determine the outcomes of implementing clinical care guidelines for Hepatitis C screening, evaluation, and treatment in a large urban Veterans Affairs Medical Center...
- A prospective study of neuropsychiatric symptoms associated with interferon-alpha-2b and ribavirin therapy for patients with chronic hepatitis CEric Dieperink
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Psychosomatics 44:104-12. 2003..The control group of 13 untreated subjects showed little change over the 24-week period. All symptom scales were highly intercorrelated, suggesting that use of one is sufficient for monitoring symptoms...
- Integrating hepatitis prevention services into a substance use disorder clinicHildi Hagedorn
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 32:391-8. 2007..The importance of providing comprehensive educational sessions and recommendations for how patients with substance use disorders can access hepatitis screening, vaccination, and treatment resources are stressed...
- Alcohol use and treatment of hepatitis C virus: results of a national multicenter studyBhupinder S Anand
Department of Medicine, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Gastroenterology 130:1607-16. 2006..The aim of the study was to determine the impact of alcohol use on HCV treatment outcomes...
- All-cause mortality and liver-related outcomes following successful antiviral treatment for chronic hepatitis CEric Dieperink
Department of Psychiatry 116A, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Health Care System, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN, 55417, USA
Dig Dis Sci 59:872-80. 2014..Few studies are available from populations with multiple medical and psychiatric comorbidities where the impact of successful antiviral therapy might be limited...
- Management of chronic hepatitis C in veterans: the potential of integrated care modelsSamuel B Ho
Department of Medicine, VA San Diego Healthcare System and University of California, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1810-23. 2008....
- Spectrum of disease in U.S. veteran patients with hepatitis CHuy A Nguyen
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55417, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1813-20. 2002..The purpose of this study was to examine the risk factors, psychiatric and substance abuse conditions, and severity of liver disease in veterans with HCV...
- U.S. multicenter pilot study of daily consensus interferon (CIFN) plus ribavirin for "difficult-to-treat" HCV genotype 1 patientsSamuel B Ho
VA San Diego Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:880-8. 2011..The purpose of this pilot study was to determine the efficacy and safety of daily CIFN + RBV for initial treatment of patients with HCV-1 infection...
- The effect of stimulant use on antiviral treatment in an integrated hepatitis clinicEric Dieperink
Department of Psychiatry, Minneapolis VA Health Care System, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 35:387-92. 2013..The objective was to determine the impact of stimulant use on antiviral treatment for chronic hepatitis C patients in an integrated hepatitis clinic...
- Organizational change in management of hepatitis C: evaluation of a CME programJudith Garrard
Division of Health Services Research, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 26:145-60. 2006..We describe a continuing medical education (CME) program for clinicians in a nationwide health care system, with emphasis on current treatment practices, multispecialty collaboration, and organizational change...