Affiliation: Dickinson College
- The utility of considering interpersonal problems in the assessment of bulimic featuresSuman Ambwani
Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA 17013, United States
Eat Behav 10:247-53. 2009..Overall, these results highlight the added value of considering pathoplastic interpersonal problems in addition to clinical diagnoses in the assessment of eating disorders...
- Interpersonal dysfunction and affect-regulation difficulties in disordered eating among men and womenSuman Ambwani
Department of Psychology, Dickinson College, P O Box 1773, Carlisle, PA 17013, USA Electronic address
Eat Behav 15:550-4. 2014..Future research extending these findings among treatment-seeking samples and employing multi-method assessment would serve to further clarify the tenability of these theoretical models for both men and women...
- Obesity stigmatization as the status quo: structural considerations and prevalence among young adults in the U.SSuman Ambwani
Department of Psychology, Dickinson College, P O Box 1773, Carlisle PA 17013, USA Electronic address
Eat Behav 15:366-70. 2014..The present study sought to examine the prevalence and major dimensions of negative attitudes toward obesity through assessment of young U.S. adults' responses to the Attitudes Toward Obese Persons Scale...
- Socially desirable responding by bariatric surgery candidates during psychological assessmentSuman Ambwani
Department of Psychology, Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania 17013, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 9:300-5. 2013..We sought to assess the prevalence of socially desirable responding and its associations with measures of psychological functioning among bariatric surgery candidates at 2 academic medical centers in the United States...
- A comparison of Latino and Anglo socially desirable respondingChristopher J Hopwood
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Clin Psychol 65:769-80. 2009..Thus, data suggest normative differences between these groups in social presentation that should be considered in culturally sensitive clinical practice...
- The effects of fat talk on body dissatisfaction and eating behavior: the moderating role of dietary restraintAlyssa Compeau
Dickinson College, P O Box 1773, Carlisle, PA 17013, USA Loyola University Maryland, 4501 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21210, USA
Body Image 10:451-61. 2013..Findings highlight the importance of individual differences in shaping responses to fat talk. ..