Susan R Torres-Harding
Affiliation: DePaul University
- Fatigue severity, attributions, medical utilization, and symptoms in persons with chronic fatigueSusan R Torres-Harding
DePaul University, Center for Community Research, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Behav Med 25:99-113. 2002..Higher-SES participants were more likely to cite stress and overwork as causing their fatigue. Latinos reported more physical symptoms than African Americans and Whites. The implications of these results are discussed...
- Physicians' diagnoses of psychiatric disorders for people with chronic fatigue syndromeSusan R Torres-Harding
DePaul University, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 32:109-24. 2002..Physicians' psychiatric diagnosis and participants' self-reported psychiatric diagnoses were compared to lifetime psychiatric diagnoses as measured by a structured psychiatric interview...
- The relationships among coping styles and fatigue in an ethnically diverse sampleMary Gloria C Njoku
Center for Community Research, Chronic Fatigue Research Study, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Ethn Health 10:263-78. 2005..Therefore, healthcare professionals should find ways to reduce patient use of denial and promote alternative strategies for managing life events...
- Variability in diagnostic criteria for chronic fatigue syndrome may result in substantial differences in patterns of symptoms and disabilityLeonard A Jason
Center for Community Research, DePaul University, 990 W Fullerton Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Eval Health Prof 26:3-22. 2003..These findings suggest that it might be inappropriate to synthesize results from studies of this illness that use different definitions to select study populations...
- Fatigue among Spanish- and English-speaking LatinosSusan R Torres-Harding
DePaul University, Chicago, IL, USA
Soc Work Public Health 23:55-72. 2008..Findings suggest that language spoken in Latino populations is important in predicting fatigue, and point to the potential importance of cultural factors such as acculturation or acculturative stresses...
- The prevalence of chronic fatigue syndrome in NigeriaMary Gloriac C Njoku
DePaul University, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Health Psychol 12:461-74. 2007..There is a need for more epidemiologic studies on the prevalence and sociodemographic characteristics of CFS in developing countries...
- Development and psychometric evaluation of the Social Justice Scale (SJS)Susan R Torres-Harding
Department of Psychology, Roosevelt University, 430 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Community Psychol 50:77-88. 2012..Confirmatory factor analysis and analyses for reliability and validity were used to test the properties of the scale...
- The Racial Microaggressions Scale (RMAS): a new scale to measure experiences of racial microaggressions in people of colorSusan R Torres-Harding
Department of Psychology, Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 18:153-64. 2012..Results indicated that the Racial Microaggression Scale is a multidimensional tool to assess perceptions of racial microaggressions by people of color...