Joanna S Brooke
Affiliation: DePaul University
- Latent transforming growth factor beta-binding protein-3 and fibulin-1C interact with the extracellular domain of the heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor precursorJoanna S Brooke
Dept of Biological Science, DePaul University, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
BMC Cell Biol 3:2. 2002..cDNA clones containing nucleotide sequences encoding domains of two proteins were obtained and their derived amino acid sequences were evaluated...
- Investigation of bacterial pathogens on 70 frequently used environmental surfaces in a large urban U.S. universityJoanna S Brooke
DePaul University, Dept of Biology, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Environ Health 71:17-22. 2009..0 CFU.cm(-2) on keyboards and telephone mouthpieces. Disinfectants for possible use in cleaning of telephones, water fountain drains, and keyboards are discussed...
- Potential pathogens and effective disinfectants on public telephones at a large urban United States universityJohn W Annand
Dept of Biology, DePaul University, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Environ Health 71:24-8, 48. 2009..The sodium hypochlorite-based cleaner demonstrated 100% efficacy at removing or killing test organisms from telephone mouthpieces. These data suggest that tested cleaners may be appropriate and needed for public telephone disinfection...
- Stenotrophomonas maltophilia: an emerging global opportunistic pathogenJoanna S Brooke
Department of Biological Sciences, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 25:2-41. 2012..maltophilia infection have provided useful information about the type of host immune response induced by this opportunistic pathogen. Current and emerging treatments for patients infected with S. maltophilia are discussed...
- Receptor-based antidote for diphtheriaJeong Heon Cha
Department of Microbiology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9048, USA
Infect Immun 70:2344-50. 2002..Our results suggest that the truncated (I117A/L148A) HB-EGF protein could be an effective, safe antidote for human diphtheria...
- Microbiology of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia infectionJOANNA BROOKE; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..