Affiliation: Denver Health Medical Center
- Dental disease and periprosthetic joint infectionHeather Young
Divisions of Infectious Diseases H Y and C S P and Rheumatology J H, Denver Health Medical Center, 777 Bannock Street, MC 4000, Denver CO 80204 E mail address for H Young
J Bone Joint Surg Am 96:162-8. 2014....
- Cluster or coincidence? An unusual cause of surgical site infections in adult trauma patientsHeather Young
Division of Infectious Diseases, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado Denver, CO 80204, USA
Am J Infect Control 40:e265-7. 2012..Three surgical site infections because of M hominis in immunocompetent adult trauma patients were detected at our facility in a 6-month time period. We investigated this case series and hypothesize transmission based on common exposures...
- Statewide collaboration to evaluate the effects of blood loss and transfusion on surgical site infection after hysterectomyHeather Young
Division of Infectious Diseases, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33:90-3. 2012..Among women who underwent abdominal hysterectomy, blood transfusion was a significant risk factor for surgical site infection in patients who experienced blood loss of less than 500 mL...
- Beyond core measures: identifying modifiable risk factors for prevention of surgical site infection after elective total abdominal hysterectomyHeather Young
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Denver Health Hospital and University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 12:491-6. 2011....
- Mycoplasma hominis brain abscess presenting after a head trauma: a case reportAndres F Henao-Martinez
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, 12700 E, 19th Avenue, Mail Stop B168, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Med Case Rep 6:253. 2012..abstract:..