Andrew W Steele
Affiliation: Denver Health Medical Center
- Using computerized clinical decision support for latent tuberculosis infection screeningAndy W Steele
Information Services, Denver Health 1932, 660 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Am J Prev Med 28:281-4. 2005..The goal of this study was to determine the impact of computerized clinical decision support and guided web-based documentation on screening rates for LTBI...
- The effect of automated alerts on provider ordering behavior in an outpatient settingAndrew W Steele
Information Services, Denver Health, Denver, Colorado, USA
PLoS Med 2:e255. 2005..Despite the large volume of medications prescribed in the outpatient setting, few studies have assessed the impact of automated alerts on medication errors related to drug-laboratory interactions in an outpatient primary-care setting...
- The impact of tailored diabetes registry report cards on measures of disease control: a nested randomized trialHenry H Fischer
Community Health Services, Denver Health and Hospital Authority, 80204, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 11:12. 2011..Most provider performance feedback interventions do not improve intermediate outcomes, yet lack targeted, patient-level feedback...
- Decreased antibiotic utilization after implementation of a guideline for inpatient cellulitis and cutaneous abscessTimothy C Jenkins
Department of Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:1072-9. 2011..We hypothesized that implementation of an institutional guideline to standardize and streamline the evaluation and treatment of inpatient cellulitis and abscess would decrease antibiotic and health care resource utilization...
- "Leaning" the process of venous thromboembolism prophylaxisWalter L Biffl
Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 37:99-109. 2011..VTE risk factors were not consistently assessed, and the prescribing of prophylaxis varied widely. Lean was employed to standardize and implement risk assessment and evidence-based VTE prophylaxis for the institution...