Cornelis A Rietmeijer
Affiliation: Denver Health Medical Center
- Evaluation of an online partner notification programCornelis A Rietmeijer
Internet and STD Center of Excellence, Denver Public Health Department, Denver, CO, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:359-64. 2011..We report on a clinic-based and web-based evaluation of the Colorado inSPOT online partner notification program...
- Web 2.0 and beyond: risks for sexually transmitted infections and opportunities for preventionCornelis A Rietmeijer
Internet and STD Center of Excellence, Denver Public Health Department, Denver, Colorado 80204 4507, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 22:67-71. 2009..The purpose of this review is to describe recent developments in this rapidly changing environment...
- Evaluating a web-based test results system at an urban STI clinicSarah B Ling
Denver Public Health Department, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Sex Transm Dis 37:259-63. 2010..This study evaluated the implementation of an online results system in an urban sexually transmitted infections clinic...
- Evaluation of a testing-only "express" visit option to enhance efficiency in a busy STI clinicSara J Shamos
Denver Public Health Department, Denver, Colorado 80204 4506, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:336-40. 2008..To evaluate the use of a testing-only "express" visit option to enhance efficiency in a busy STI clinic...
- Normalizing HIV testing in a busy urban sexually transmitted infections clinicLesley Brooks
Denver Public Health Department, 605 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204 4507, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:127-8. 2009..Thus, routine HIV testing in clinical settings has been identified as a priority. We report on our experience with making rapid HIV testing a routine procedure in a large STI clinic...
- Discussing HIV serostatus with prospective sex partners: a potential HIV prevention strategy among high-risk men who have sex with menCornelis A Rietmeijer
Denver Public Health Department, Colorado 80204, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:215-9. 2007..To study factors associated with HIV serostatus discussions among men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Recalibrating the Gram stain diagnosis of male urethritis in the era of nucleic acid amplification testingCornelis A Rietmeijer
Denver Public Health Department, Denver, Colorado 80204 4509, USA
Sex Transm Dis 39:18-20. 2012....
- Trends in clinic visits and diagnosed Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae infections after the introduction of a copayment in a sexually transmitted infection clinicCornelis A Rietmeijer
Denver Public Health Department, Denver, Colorado 80204, USA
Sex Transm Dis 32:243-6. 2005..We evaluated the effects of the fee on clinic utilization and diagnosed Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) and Neisseria gonorrhoeae (GC) infections...
- Increases in gonorrhea and sexual risk behaviors among men who have sex with men: a 12-year trend analysis at the Denver Metro Health ClinicCornelis A Rietmeijer
Denver Public Health Department, Denver Health Medical Center, Colorado 80204 4506, USA
Sex Transm Dis 30:562-7. 2003..It has been suggested that these trends are the result of perceptions that HIV/AIDS is less serious because of the availability of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Risks and benefits of the internet for populations at risk for sexually transmitted infections (STIs): results of an STI clinic surveyCornelis A Rietmeijer
Denver Public Health Department, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Sex Transm Dis 30:15-9. 2003..Less is known about the use of the Internet as a resource for STI education and prevention...
- Integrating viral hepatitis prevention services into an urban STD clinic: Denver, ColoradoJulie Subiadur
Denver Public Health, Virology Clinic, STD Clinic, Denver, CO, USA
Public Health Rep 122:12-7. 2007..Viral hepatitis prevention services can be incorporated into a busy STD clinic if staff and resources are available. Rapid HIV testing may be associated with lower receipt of anti-HCV test results...
- HIV transmission risk behavior and its relation to antiretroviral treatment adherenceRachel C Flaks
Department of Public Health, Denver Health and Hospital Authority, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Sex Transm Dis 30:399-404. 2003..Rising rates of antiretroviral drug resistance among recently infected persons are evidence of high-risk behavior among persons in HIV care...
- Incidence and repeat infection rates of Chlamydia trachomatis among male and female patients in an STD clinic: implications for screening and rescreeningCornelis A Rietmeijer
Denver Public Health Department, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80204, USA
Sex Transm Dis 29:65-72. 2002..Nucleic acid amplification tests permit widespread screening for Chlamydia trachomatis. However, the public health benefit of screening may be reduced by high chlamydia incidence and repeat infection rates...
- Early awareness and uptake of an effective waiting room video intervention by STD clinicsJonathan P Deshazo
Department of Health Administration, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0203, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:1101-6. 2011..The objective of this research was to evaluate the uptake and implementation of a newly released educational waiting room video in US sexually transmitted diseases (STD) Clinics...
- Chlamydia trachomatis positivity rates among men tested in selected venues in the United States: a review of the recent literatureCornelis A Rietmeijer
Denver Public Health Department, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:S8-S18. 2008..Programs considering male chlamydia screening programs should conduct pilot programs to assess chlamydia positivity as well as feasibility and cost in target venues...
- The current good should precede the future best: a response to a responseCornelis A Rietmeijer
Denver Public Health Department, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 80204, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 14:348-50. 2002