Affiliation: Denver Health Medical Center
- Comparison of intramedullary nailing versus plate-screw fixation of extra-articular metacarpal fracturesKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopedics, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
J Hand Surg Am 33:1724-31. 2008..To compare the clinical and radiographic outcomes of intramedullary nail (IMN) fixation of metacarpal fractures with those of plate-screw (PS) fixation...
- A simple technique for applying vacuum-assisted closure therapy over the circular type external fixation deviceKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopedics, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Ann Plast Surg 56:693-4. 2006..The presented technique in this article offers a time-saving and safe method to achieve an airtight seal around circular fixator in VAC therapy...
- A new surgical technique for the ligament reconstruction of the trapeziometacarpal jointKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center and University of Colorado, School of Medicine Denver, CO 80204, USA
Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg 10:181-6. 2006..The current technique is aimed to reconstruct all 4 ligaments of the trapeziometacarpal joint using a half strip of extensor carpi radialis brevis tendon...
- Psychiatric risk factors in pediatric hand fracturesKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80220, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 30:324-7. 2010..In this study, we aimed to investigate (1) the link between the pediatric hand fractures and psychopathology and (2) the prevalence of repeated hand injuries in the same population...
- Failure of volar locking plate fixation of an extraarticular distal radius fracture: A case reportJue Cao
Denver Health Medical Center, Associate Professor of Orthopedics, University of Colorado Denver, USA
Patient Saf Surg 4:19. 2010..Volar locking plates provide significant structural stability to the distal radius. Failure of a volar locked plating is a rarely reported complication in the literature...
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation and dynamic bracing for the management of upper-extremity spasticity in children with cerebral palsyKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopedics, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Dev Med Child Neurol 48:559-63. 2006..However, this significant effect lasted for only 2 months after discontinuation of the treatment. We conclude that the combined use of NMES and bracing is more effective than either alone but requires continuous application...
- The role of bone allografts in the treatment of angular malunions of the distal radiusKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopedics and Department of Patient Safety and Quality, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
J Hand Surg Am 36:1804-9. 2011..Two cohorts of patients who had corrective osteotomies and volar platings for malunited fractures of the distal radius were compared retrospectively to determine whether the time to union and the outcome were affected by bone allograft...
- Replantation versus revision of amputated fingers in patients air-transported to a level 1 trauma centerKagan Ozer
Denver Health Medical Center, Department of Orthopedics, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80220, USA
J Hand Surg Am 35:936-40. 2010..To assess the rate of replantation versus revision of amputated fingers in patients air-transported to a tertiary care hand trauma center...
- Persistent median artery in a pediatric trauma patient: case reportTimothy Muratore
Department of Orthopaedics, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO 80204, USA
J Hand Surg Am 36:658-60. 2011..We present a case of a persistent median artery in a pediatric trauma patient. The median artery helped maintain blood flow to the nearly amputated hand after complete transection of radial and ulnar arteries...
- Comparison of 4 fluoroscopic views for dorsal cortex screw penetration after volar plating of the distal radiusKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Hand Surg Am 37:963-7. 2012..To determine whether use of the dorsal tangential view improves the diagnostic accuracy of intraoperative fluoroscopy compared with conventional views in detecting dorsal screw penetrations during volar distal radius plating...
- The use of bone grafts and substitutes in the treatment of distal radius fracturesKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, 2098 South Main Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, USA
Hand Clin 28:217-23. 2012..This article reviews the biology of bone grafts and the clinical evidence in the use of bone graft substitutes for the treatment of distal radius fractures...
- Avascular necrosis of the capitateSerdar Toker
Denver Health Orthopedic Research Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Orthopedics 33:850. 2010....
- Flexor tendon rupture 55 years following a wrist lacerationSteven L Peterson
Hand Surgery Section, Department of Orthopedics, Denver Health Medical Center, 777 Bannock St, MC 0188, Denver, CO 80204 4507, USA
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 59:529-31. 2006..The rupture was treated by tenodesis to the relatively unaffected flexor digitorum profundus to the adjacent long finger...
- Salvage of a below-the-knee amputation level following a type-IIIB open tibial fracture. A case reportSteven J Morgan
Denver Health Medical Center, 777 Bannock Street, MC 0188, Denver, CO 80204, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:2769-78. 2007
- Wind swept elbow: injury pattern and reconstructionKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, USA
J Orthop Trauma 27:e9-12. 2013..The use of bone-tendon allograft to reconstruct collateral ligaments of the elbow restored the elbow stability with a satisfactory functional outcome (evidence: level 4)...
- Dorsal tangential view of the wrist to detect screw penetration to the dorsal cortex of the distal radius after volar fixed-angle platingKagan Ozer
Orthopaedics, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado, 777 Bannock St, MC188, Denver, CO 80204 USA
Hand (N Y) 6:190-3. 2011....
- Phalangeal osteochondroma in a 2-year-old childKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopedics, Denver Health Medical Center, 777 Bannock St, MC 0188, Denver, CO 80246, USA
Orthopedics 29:943-4. 2006
- Distal radioulnar joint problems and treatment optionsKagan Ozer
Department of Orthopedics, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences and Medical Center, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Orthopedics 29:38-49; quiz 50-1. 2006
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and depression negatively impact general health status after hand injuryAllison E Williams
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80204, USA
J Hand Surg Am 34:515-22. 2009..To estimate the prevalence of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and depression among hand-injured patients and assess the impact of these disorders on general health status...
- Comparison of autologous blood, corticosteroid, and saline injection in the treatment of lateral epicondylitis: a prospective, randomized, controlled multicenter studyJennifer Moriatis Wolf
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
J Hand Surg Am 36:1269-72. 2011..The null hypothesis was that patient-rated outcomes after autologous blood injection would not be superior to corticosteroid and saline injections...
- Electrical stimulation in the management of spastic deformityLuis R Scheker
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 225 Abraham Flexner Way, Suite 800, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Hand Clin 19:601-6, vi. 2003..Its clinical application in upper extremity spasticity, together with dynamic bracing, is a new entity providing predictable and quick short-term results with significant improvement in quality of life...
- A surgical technique for pediatric forearm pronation: brachioradialis rerouting with interosseous membrane releaseTurker Ozkan
Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery Division, D 5, Nisantasi, Istanbul, Turkey
J Hand Surg Am 29:22-7. 2004....
- Surgical reconstruction of irreversible ulnar nerve paralysis in leprosyTurker Ozkan
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery Division, Istanbul University, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Lepr Rev 74:53-62. 2003..ZLP was found to be a more effective procedure in restoring grip strength, whereas FDS-4T was more effective in correcting claw hand deformity...
- Effect of transfection time on the survival of epigastric skin flaps pretreated with adenovirus encoding the VEGF geneRaffi Gurunluoglu
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Ann Plast Surg 49:161-9. 2002..These findings raise the possibility that pretreatment with VEGF gene therapy using an adenovirus vector may be applicable in patients at risk for plastic surgery...
- Advances in composite tissue allograft transplantation as related to the hand and upper extremityMaria Siemionow
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, A60, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Hand Surg Am 27:565-80. 2002..It is clear that there is a substantial demand for routine use of CTAs but the treatment protocols need to be optimized and the functional outcomes need to be improved...
- Early and late effects of ischemic preconditioning on microcirculation of skeletal muscle flapsGokhan Adanali
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Ankara Numune Hospital, Turkey
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:1344-51. 2002..After 24 hours of reperfusion, however, ischemic preconditioning failed to improve the flow hemodynamics of the flap, yet it still protected the skeletal muscle flap from leukocyte-mediated reperfusion injury...
- Late effects of TNF-alpha-induced inflammation on the microcirculation of cremaster muscle flaps under intravital microscopyKagan Ozer
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Reconstr Microsurg 18:37-45. 2002..05), but returned to normal afterward. The detrimental effects of TNF-alpha-induced inflammation during I/R injury could be prolonged up to 16 hr at the microcirculatory level of the muscle flaps...