Affiliation: Denver Health
Location: Denver, USA
- Paliperidone for treatment of schizophreniaAbraham M Nussbaum
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7160, USA
Schizophr Bull 34:419-22. 2008..Regarding the critical comparison of oral paliperidone to risperidone, we have no information and are thus unable to determine if paliperidone has any advantages or disadvantages compared to its well-known parent compound...
- A randomized trial examining the effectiveness of switching from olanzapine, quetiapine, or risperidone to aripiprazole to reduce metabolic risk: comparison of antipsychotics for metabolic problems (CAMP)T Scott Stroup
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
Am J Psychiatry 168:947-56. 2011..The authors conducted a multisite randomized controlled trial examining the strategy of switching from olanzapine, quetiapine, or risperidone to aripiprazole to ameliorate metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease...
- Medical marijuana use and suicide attempt in a patient with major depressive disorderAbraham Nussbaum
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Am J Psychiatry 168:778-81. 2011
- The Mennonite mental health movement: discipleship, nonresistance, and the communal care of people with mental illness in late 20th-century AmericaAbraham M Nussbaum
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 200:1088-95. 2012..Understanding these differences is critical for any attempts to replicate their success in engendering community care, in which direct conversation and encounter are critical...
- Paliperidone palmitate for schizophreniaAbraham M Nussbaum
Behavioural Health Service, Denver Health, Denver, CO, USA
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 6:CD008296. 2012..Paliperidone palmitate, a long-acting, intramuscular formulation of paliperidone, is now available for clinical use. Paliperidone is an active metabolite of risperidone and it is also available in an oral formulation for daily use...
- "But my doctor recommended pot": medical marijuana and the patient-physician relationshipAbraham M Nussbaum
Behavioral Health, Denver Health, Denver, CO 80220, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:1364-7. 2011..This system diminishes the patient-physician relationship to the recommendation of a single substance while unburdening physicians of their usual responsibilities to the welfare of their patients...
- Changing the name of dementia during residency training: from medication management to CBT to psychodynamic psychotherapyAbraham M Nussbaum
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA
Bull Menninger Clin 75:254-66. 2011..The use of a transference-based psychotherapy deepens and complicates the interactions between patient and therapist, challenging the hopes of patient and therapist alike...