Affiliation: Denver Health Medical Center
- Safe surgical technique for associated acetabular fracturesTakashi Suzuki
MOTUS Mountain Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeons, Swedish Medical Center, 701 East Hampden Ave Suite 515 Englewood, Colorado, 80113, USA
Patient Saf Surg 7:7. 2013..This first article in the Journal's "Safe Surgical Technique" section presents the standard surgical care, in conjunction with intraoperative tips and tricks, for the safe management of all subgroups of associated acetabular fractures...
- Inflation osteoplasty: in vitro evaluation of a new technique for reducing depressed intra-articular fractures of the tibial plateau and distal radiusBrandon Broome
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Louisville, 210 E Gray Street, Ste 1003, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Orthop Traumatol 13:89-95. 2012..We performed an investigation into the safety and efficacy of using an inflatable bone tamp for intra-articular fracture reduction of the tibial plateau and distal radius...
- A randomised pilot trial of "locking plate" fixation versus intramedullary nailing for extra-articular fractures of the distal tibiaC Mauffrey
Warwick Orthopaedics, University of Warwick, Warwick, United Kingdom
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:704-8. 2012..Further trials are required to confirm the findings of this pilot investigation...
- Percutaneous reduction and fixation of an intra-articular calcaneal fracture using an inflatable bone tamp: description of a novel and safe techniqueCyril Mauffrey
Department of Orthopaedics, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 777 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Patient Saf Surg 6:6. 2012..Although we achieved successful radiographic outcome in this case, long-term functional outcome of this technique are yet to be published...
- Heterotopic ossification in the reaming tract of a percutaneous antegrade femoral nail: a case reportSergiu Botolin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, 777 Bannock Street, Denver, CO, 80204, USA
J Med Case Rep 7:90. 2013..The occurrence of excessive, symptomatic heterotopic ossification around the entry site of an antegrade femoral nail is rarely described in the literature...
- Incidence and pattern of technical complications in balloon-guided osteoplasty for depressed tibial plateau fractures: a pilot study in 20 consecutive patientsCyril Mauffrey
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, 777 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Patient Saf Surg 7:8. 2013..However, no study has yet been published to describe the technical limitations, intraoperative complications, and surgical bailout strategies for this new technology...
- Bone graft harvest site options in orthopaedic trauma: a prospective in vivo quantification studyCyril Mauffrey
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Louisville 210 E Gray St 1003, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Injury 43:323-6. 2012..We compare autologous bone graft volume from three different harvest sites and the associated pain levels at one and four weeks post-harvest...
- Acute management of open fractures: proposal of a new multidisciplinary algorithmCyril Mauffrey
Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80204, USA cyril
Orthopedics 35:877-81. 2012..The authors review the current evidence concerning the acute management of open fractures and suggest a modern treatment algorithm...
- Tibial pilon fractures: a review of incidence, diagnosis, treatment, and complicationsCyril Mauffrey
University of Louisville Hospital, Louisville, KY, USA
Acta Orthop Belg 77:432-40. 2011..The use of a 2-phase treatment protocol is recommended; however, to date, no absolute treatment protocol exists for these injuries...
- Analysis of performance metrics reporting in papers comparing treatments or materials/devices in four important orthopaedic journals for the year 2009Richard J Bowles
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY, USA
Injury 42:1480-3. 2011..We propose to look at the quality of performance metrics reporting in papers comparing two or more treatments. Our goal is to provide additional context in the focus on evidence-based medicine...