C E Dean
- Personalized medicine: boon or budget-buster?Charles E Dean
Tardive Dyskinesia Assessment Clinic, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:958-62. 2009..Given the current economic crisis, the time is ripe for a debate on this issue...
- Prasterone (DHEA) and maniaC E Dean
Minneapolis Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry, 55417, USA
Ann Pharmacother 34:1419-22. 2000..To inform clinicians and investigators of the potential for severe mania in conjunction with the use of prasterone (DHEA; dehydroepiandrosterone)...
- Imipramine-associated hyperpigmentationCharles E Dean
Tardive Dyskinesia Clinic, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center and School of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55417 2309, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:825-8. 2003..To inform clinicians of the potential for severe and persistent facial hyperpigmentation with the long-term use of imipramine...
- Clinical rating scales and instruments: how do they compare in assessing abnormal, involuntary movements?Charles E Dean
Tardive Dyskinesia Assessment Clinic, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, MH PSL, 116A, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 24:298-304. 2004..We also hypothesized that the DISCUS, by virtue of its more detailed protocol, would be more sensitive than the AIMS...
- Mortality and tardive dyskinesia: long-term study using the US National Death IndexCharles E Dean
Mental Health Service Line, 116A, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Br J Psychiatry 194:360-4. 2009..Whether the development of tardive dyskinesia leads to an increase in mortality is still unclear...
- Predictors of neuroleptic-induced dyskinesia and parkinsonism: the influence of measurement methods and definitionsCharles E Dean
Psychiatric Movement Disorders Clinic, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, MN 55417, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:560-5. 2006..Increasing age and a lower score on the MMSE seem to be particularly helpful in gauging the risk for parkinsonian and dyskinetic movements...
- Case study: childhood-onset tardive dyskinesia versus choreoacanthocytosisC M Borchardt
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 39:1055-8. 2000..However, this is unusually young age of onset for these conditions. Differential diagnosis, medication management of the movement disorder, and pathophysiological mechanisms in tardive dyskinesia and choreoacanthocytosis are discussed...
- Antipsychotic-associated neuronal changes in the brain: toxic, therapeutic, or irrelevant to the long-term outcome of schizophrenia?Charles E Dean
Tardive Dyskinesia Assessment Clinic, Minneapolis VA Medical Center, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis Minnesota 55417, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:174-89. 2006..We shall explore possible explanations for this apparent paradox...
- Psychiatry revisitedCharles E Dean
Tardive Dyskinesia Assessment Clinic, Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
Minn Med 91:41-5. 2008
- Mortality and poststroke depressionCharles E Dean
Am J Psychiatry 161:1506; author reply 1507-8. 2004
- Ziprasidone-associated mania: a review and report of 2 additional casesAnne M Keating
University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 28:83-6. 2005..Clinicians and patients need to be aware of the potential for the induction of mania with ziprasidone, even after lengthy exposure...