J J Ramirez
Affiliation: Davidson College
- The intentional mentor: effective mentorship of undergraduate science studentsJulio J Ramirez
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience Program, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035
J Undergrad Neurosci Educ 11:A55-63. 2012..Fifteen tips gleaned from the literature and the author's personal experience are provided to help improve mentoring skills of faculty working with undergraduate science students...
- SOMAS-URM: The Evolution of a Mentoring and Summer Research ProgramJulio J Ramirez
Psychology Department and Neuroscience Program, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035
J Undergrad Neurosci Educ 8:A69-72. 2009..The SOMAS-URM Program presently emphasizes recruitment and retention of underrepresented groups to enhance participation in scientific discovery by the full range of the American population...
- Focal expression of mutated tau in entorhinal cortex neurons of rats impairs spatial working memoryJulio J Ramirez
Department of Psychology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035, USA
Behav Brain Res 216:332-40. 2011..Thus, highly restricted vector-induced tauopathy in retrohippocampal areas is sufficient for producing progressive impairment in mnemonic ability in rats, successfully mimicking a key aspect of tauopathies such as AD...
- Bilateral entorhinal cortex lesions impair acquisition of delayed spatial alternation in ratsJulio J Ramirez
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience Program, Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 87:264-8. 2007..Rather, entorhinal lesions produced a persistent impairment of spatial memory, characterized by a mixture of random error production and perseverative responding...
- Adeno-associated virus vector expressing nerve growth factor enhances cholinergic axonal sprouting after cortical injury in ratsJulio J Ramirez
Department of Psychology, Neuroscience Program, Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina 28035 7017, USA
J Neurosci 23:2797-803. 2003..Thus, NGF-expressing rAAV vector enhanced the sprouting response of intact cholinergic neurons after unilateral entorhinal lesions in rats...
- The effects of Neotrofin on septodentate sprouting after unilateral entorhinal cortex lesions in ratsJ J Ramirez
Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina 28035 7017, USA
Restor Neurol Neurosci 20:51-9. 2002..Thus, the objective of this investigation was to determine whether Neotrofin treatment would enhance lesion-induced septodentate sprouting from 4 to 15 days postlesion...
- The role of axonal sprouting in functional reorganization after CNS injury: lessons from the hippocampal formationJ J Ramirez
Davidson College, Davidson, NC 28035, USA
Restor Neurol Neurosci 19:237-62. 2001....
- Progressive unilateral damage of the entorhinal cortex enhances synaptic efficacy of the crossed entorhinal afferent to dentate granule cellsJ J Ramirez
Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina 28036, USA
J Neurosci 19:RC42. 1999..Axonal sprouting thus may provide a mechanism by which to account for behavioral sparing after progressive brain damage...
- THE FUNCTIONAL SIGNIFICANCE OF HIPPOCAMPAL SPROUTINGJulio Ramirez; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed project will explore whether changes in brain cell connectivity may contribute to some of the behavioral alterations that are associated with schizophrenia. ..