Benjamin B Williams
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- High spatial resolution multisite EPR oximetry of transient focal cerebral ischemia in the ratBenjamin B Williams
Dartmouth EPR Center, Department of Radiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 9:1691-8. 2007..These measurements demonstrate the capabilities of the HSRMS oximetry technique and set the stage for more extensive physiologic studies...
- Clinical electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) oximetry using India inkBenjamin B Williams
EPR Center for Viable Systems, Department of Radiology, Dartmouth Medical School, 703 Vail, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 662:149-56. 2010..These studies demonstrate the feasibility of EPR oximetry in a clinical setting and the potential for more widespread use in the treatment of these and other oxygen-dependent diseases...
- Electron paramagnetic resonance dosimetry for a large-scale radiation incidentHarold M Swartz
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Health Phys 103:255-67. 2012..The authors conclude that electron paramagnetic resonance dosimetry is likely to be a useful part of triage for a large-scale radiation incident...
- Surface loop resonator design for in vivo EPR tooth dosimetry using finite element analysisJennifer D Pollock
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, USA
Health Phys 98:339-44. 2010..The effects of loop positioning in the mouth are examined, and it is shown that the sensitivity to loop position along a row of molars is decreased as the loop is moved away from the teeth...
- Physically-based biodosimetry using in vivo EPR of teeth in patients undergoing total body irradiationBenjamin B Williams
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Dartmouth Physically based Biodosimetry Center for Medical Countermeasures against Radiation, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Int J Radiat Biol 87:766-75. 2011..In vivo electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) spectroscopy of tooth enamel has been developed to meet this need...
- The view from the trenches: part 2-technical considerations for EPR screeningRoberto J Nicolalde
EPR Center for Viable Systems, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Health Phys 98:128-35. 2010....
- Dosimetry based on EPR spectral analysis of fingernail clippingsDean E Wilcox
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Health Phys 98:309-17. 2010..Second, decomposition of the EPR spectra from irradiated fingernails into MIS and RIS components can be used to isolate and thus quantify the RIS for determining individual exposure dose...
- Repeated assessment of orthotopic glioma pO(2) by multi-site EPR oximetry: a technique with the potential to guide therapeutic optimization by repeated measurements of oxygenNadeem Khan
EPR Center for the Study of Viable Systems, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
J Neurosci Methods 204:111-7. 2012..Furthermore, EPR oximetry could be potentially used to enhance the outcome of chemoradiation by scheduling treatments at times of increase in glioma pO(2)...
- Implantable resonators--a technique for repeated measurement of oxygen at multiple deep sites with in vivo EPRHongbin Li
EPR Center for Viable Systems, Department of Radiology, Dartmouth Medical School, 703, Vail, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 662:265-72. 2010..The technique also is quite useful for following changes in tumor pO(2), including applications with simultaneous measurements in tumors and adjacent normal tissues...
- Development of in vivo tooth EPR for individual radiation dose estimation and screeningBenjamin B Williams
Dartmouth Medical School, 704 Vail HP7785, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Health Phys 98:327-38. 2010..In summary, it seems plausible that the EPR dosimetry techniques will have an important role in retrospective dosimetry for exposures involving large numbers of individuals...
- Repetitive tissue pO2 measurements by electron paramagnetic resonance oximetry: current status and future potential for experimental and clinical studiesNadeem Khan
EPR Center for Viable Systems, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 9:1169-82. 2007..We are confident that in vivo EPR oximetry will play a crucial role in the understanding and clinical management of various pathologies in the years to come...
- Oxygen effects on the EPR signals from wood charcoals: experimental results and the development of a modelOleg Y Grinberg
EPR Center for the Study of Viable Systems, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Phys Chem B 111:13316-24. 2007..An attenuated, but similar, EPR response to oxygen by chars when they are immersed in aqueous solution is attributed to water competition with oxygen for adsorption on the char surface...
- A critical assessment of biodosimetry methods for large-scale incidentsHarold M Swartz
The EPR Center for Viable Systems, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Health Phys 98:95-108. 2010..In conclusion, biodosimetry techniques have different properties, and knowledge of their properties for meeting the different needs for different stages will result in their most effective use in a nuclear disaster mass-casualty event...
- Radiation dose prediction using data on time to emesis in the case of nuclear terrorismEugene Demidenko
Section of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Radiat Res 171:310-9. 2009..More reliable methods for after-the-fact assessment of radiation dose are needed to complement the use of time to emesis...