Dean E Wilcox
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Dosimetry based on EPR spectral analysis of fingernail clippingsDean E Wilcox
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Health Phys 98:309-17. 2010..Second, decomposition of the EPR spectra from irradiated fingernails into MIS and RIS components can be used to isolate and thus quantify the RIS for determining individual exposure dose...
- Electron paramagnetic resonance dosimetry for a large-scale radiation incidentHarold M Swartz
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Health Phys 103:255-67. 2012..The authors conclude that electron paramagnetic resonance dosimetry is likely to be a useful part of triage for a large-scale radiation incident...
- Thermodynamics of Zn2+ binding to Cys2His2 and Cys2HisCys zinc fingers and a Cys4 transcription factor siteAnne M Rich
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Am Chem Soc 134:10405-18. 2012..While dominated by Zn(2+) coordination to the cysteines and histidines, other residues in the sequence affect the protein contributions that modulate the stability of these motifs...
- Oxygen effects on the EPR signals from wood charcoals: experimental results and the development of a modelOleg Y Grinberg
EPR Center for the Study of Viable Systems, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Phys Chem B 111:13316-24. 2007..An attenuated, but similar, EPR response to oxygen by chars when they are immersed in aqueous solution is attributed to water competition with oxygen for adsorption on the char surface...
- Application of isothermal titration calorimetry in bioinorganic chemistryNicholas E Grossoehme
Department of Chemistry, 6128 Burke Laboratory, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
J Biol Inorg Chem 15:1183-91. 2010....
- A metal switch for controlling the activity of molecular motor proteinsJared C Cochran
Dartmouth College, Department of Chemistry, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:122-7. 2012..In human kinesin-1 and kinesin-5 as well as Drosophila melanogaster kinesin-10 and kinesin-14, this defect is rescued by Mn(2+), providing a way to control both the enzymatic activity and force-generating ability of these nanomachines...
- Monomethylarsenite competes with Zn2+ for binding sites in the glucocorticoid receptorAnne M Spuches
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:8148-9. 2008....