Dean E Wilcox
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Arsenic. Can this toxic metalloid sustain life?Dean E Wilcox
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, 03755, USA
Met Ions Life Sci 13:475-98. 2013..Both of these topics are considered in the context of the toxicity of this element and its ability to cause cancer and other diseases, yet its Janus-faced ability to effectively treat APL. ..
- Dosimetry based on EPR spectral analysis of fingernail clippingsDean E Wilcox
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Health Phys 98:309-17. 2010..Second, decomposition of the EPR spectra from irradiated fingernails into MIS and RIS components can be used to isolate and thus quantify the RIS for determining individual exposure dose...
- Electron paramagnetic resonance dosimetry for a large-scale radiation incidentHarold M Swartz
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Health Phys 103:255-67. 2012..The authors conclude that electron paramagnetic resonance dosimetry is likely to be a useful part of triage for a large-scale radiation incident...
- Development and validation of an ex vivo electron paramagnetic resonance fingernail biodosimetric methodXiaoming He
Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 159:172-81. 2014....
- Thermodynamics of Zn2+ binding to Cys2His2 and Cys2HisCys zinc fingers and a Cys4 transcription factor siteAnne M Rich
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Am Chem Soc 134:10405-18. 2012..While dominated by Zn(2+) coordination to the cysteines and histidines, other residues in the sequence affect the protein contributions that modulate the stability of these motifs...
- Oxygen effects on the EPR signals from wood charcoals: experimental results and the development of a modelOleg Y Grinberg
EPR Center for the Study of Viable Systems, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Phys Chem B 111:13316-24. 2007..An attenuated, but similar, EPR response to oxygen by chars when they are immersed in aqueous solution is attributed to water competition with oxygen for adsorption on the char surface...
- Thermodynamics of formation of the insulin hexamer: metal-stabilized proton-coupled assembly of quaternary structureMargaret C Carpenter
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, 6128 Burke Laboratory, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, United States
Biochemistry 53:1296-301. 2014..The former is due to Zn(2+) coordination to His residues from three subunits, and the latter is associated with desolvation that accompanies the protonation and the packing of the subunits in the hexamer. ..
- Application of isothermal titration calorimetry in bioinorganic chemistryNicholas E Grossoehme
Department of Chemistry, 6128 Burke Laboratory, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
J Biol Inorg Chem 15:1183-91. 2010....
- A metal switch for controlling the activity of molecular motor proteinsJared C Cochran
Dartmouth College, Department of Chemistry, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:122-7. 2012..In human kinesin-1 and kinesin-5 as well as Drosophila melanogaster kinesin-10 and kinesin-14, this defect is rescued by Mn(2+), providing a way to control both the enzymatic activity and force-generating ability of these nanomachines...
- Monomethylarsenite competes with Zn2+ for binding sites in the glucocorticoid receptorAnne M Spuches
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:8148-9. 2008....