W C Torrey
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Evidence-based practice implementation in community mental health settings: the relative importance of key domains of implementation activityWilliam C Torrey
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Rivermill Comercial Center, 85 Mechanic Street, Suite B4 1, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 39:353-64. 2012..Relative attention to workforce development was negatively correlated with implementation. Active leaders should focus on redesigning the flow of work to support the implementation and on reinforcing program improvements...
- Promoting the implementation of practices that are supported by research: the National Implementing Evidence-Based Practice ProjectWilliam C Torrey
West Central Behavioral Health, Dartmouth Hitchcock, 2 Whipple Place, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 14:297-306, ix. 2005..This article describes the project and provides some early reflections on the implementation experience...
- Recovery principles and evidence-based practice: essential ingredients of service improvementWilliam C Torrey
Dartmouth Medical School, USA
Community Ment Health J 41:91-100. 2005..Applied together, the two strategies can guide the development of an optimal service system: The kind of service system that most people would want for themselves or their family should they have the need...
- The challenge of implementing and sustaining integrated dual disorders treatment programsWilliam C Torrey
New Hampshire Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Lebanon 03766, USA
Community Ment Health J 38:507-21. 2002....
- Practicing shared decision making in the outpatient psychiatric care of adults with severe mental illnesses: redesigning care for the futureWilliam C Torrey
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Community Ment Health J 46:433-40. 2010..In this paper, we describe the current structural obstacles to collaborative psychiatric care and envision a redesigned office visit process that facilitates active informed patient involvement...
- Implementing evidence-based practices for persons with severe mental illnessesW C Torrey
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Psychiatr Serv 52:45-50. 2001..Special materials will address the concerns of mental health authorities (funders), administrators of provider organizations, clinicians, and consumers and their families...
- Strategies for leading the implementation of evidence-based practicesWilliam C Torrey
West Central Behavioral Health, Dartmouth Medical School, 2 Whipple Place, Lebanon, NH 03301, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 26:883-97, viii-ix. 2003..This article briefly reviews the literature on health care practice change and offers some strategy suggestions for administrators who are leading evidence-based practice implementation initiatives...
- Evidence-based treatment of schizophreniaR E Drake
Psychiatric Research Center, Dartmouth Medical School, 2 Whipple Place, Suite 202, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 2:393-7. 2000..We review the six areas of evidence-based treatment of schizophrenia, as well as knowledge regarding implementation of mental health programs in routine practice settings...
- Implementing evidence-based practices in routine mental health service settingsR E Drake
New Hampshire Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Lebanon, 03766, USA
Psychiatr Serv 52:179-82. 2001..They discuss common concerns about the use of evidence-based practices, such as whether ethical values have a role in shaping such practices and how to deal with clinical situations for which no scientific evidence exists...
- Shared decision making in mental health: prospects for personalized medicineRobert E Drake
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03766, USA
Dialogues Clin Neurosci 11:455-63. 2009..The future of personalized medicine is clearly linked with our ability to create the infrastructure and cultural receptivity to these changes...
- The role of staff turnover in the implementation of evidence-based practices in mental health careEmily M Woltmann
Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:732-7. 2008..It also explored the relationship between turnover and implementation outcomes in an effort to understand whether practitioner perspectives on turnover are related to implementation outcomes...
- Fundamental principles of evidence-based medicine applied to mental health careRobert E Drake
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Psychiatric Research Center, 2 Whipple Place, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 26:811-20, vii. 2003..These principles have important implications for the adoption of evidence-based practices in mental health care...
- Implementing evidence-based practices for people with severe mental illnessKim T Mueser
NH Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Concord 03301, USA
Behav Modif 27:387-411. 2003..Improving access to EBPs for consumers with SMI may enhance outcomes in a cost-effective manner, helping them pursue their personal recovery goals with the support of professionals, family, and friends...
- Responding to blood-borne infections among persons with severe mental illnessMary F Brunette
New Hampshire Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center and Dartmouth Medical School, 105 Pleasant Street, Concord, New Hampshire 03301, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:860-5. 2003..In addition, expansion of integrated dual disorders treatments and improving linkage with specialty medical care providers are recommended...
- Improving depression care in a psychiatry resident psychopharmacology clinic: measurement, monitoring, feedback and educationBrian Shiner
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 19:234-8. 2010..The effectiveness of an intervention to facilitate proactive treatment for MDD in a resident psychopharmacology clinic was studied...
- Developing effective treatments for posttraumatic disorders among people with severe mental illnessS D Rosenberg
New Hampshire Darmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Lebanon 03766, USA
Psychiatr Serv 52:1453-61. 2001..The purpose of the study was to examine strategies for developing effective interventions for clients who have both serious mental illness and posttraumatic symptoms...
- Recovery-oriented psychopharmacology: redefining the goals of antipsychotic treatmentD L Noordsy
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:22-9. 2000....
- Strategies for implementing evidence-based practices in routine mental health settingsRobert E Drake
Dartmouth Medical School, New Hampshire, USA
Evid Based Ment Health 6:6-7. 2003
- Psychiatrists and psychiatric rehabilitationWilliam C Torrey
Dartmouth Medical School, NH, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 11:155-60. 2005..This article reviews the concept of psychiatric rehabilitation, current approaches in the field, the psychiatrist's role in these services, and implications for psychiatric training and continuing education...
- A ten-year follow-up of a supported employment programMichelle P Salyers
ACT Center of Indiana, and Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University, LD124, 402 North Blackford, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:302-8. 2004..The objective of this study was to examine the outcomes of supported employment ten years after an initial demonstration project...
- Implementing dialectical behavior therapyCharles R Swenson
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:171-8. 2002..They review barriers encountered by those who have implemented the model and present strategies that have been developed to overcome the barriers...