Virginia A Reed
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Motivating learning and assessing outcomes in continuing medical education using a personal learning planVirginia A Reed
Geisel School of Medicine at Darmouth, NH, USA
J Contin Educ Health Prof 32:287-94. 2012..The goal of this study was to explore the relationship between SMART goals developed after attending a CME conference and subsequent provider behavior change, using the PLP as a tool...
- The effect of computers for weight loss: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trialsVirginia A Reed
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03766, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:99-108. 2012..We conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis to evaluate the impact of computer-based technology on interventions for reducing weight...
- Shift work, light at night, and the risk of breast cancerVirginia A Reed
Office of Community Based Education and Research, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
AAOHN J 59:37-45; quiz 46. 2011....
- Improving information management in primary care: the proof is in the puddingVirginia A Reed
Psychological and Brain Sciences, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, USA
Inform Prim Care 16:213-20. 2008..Demonstrated long-term retention of knowledge and skills and generalisation to the workplace show that the goals of training have been met...
- Shared decision making: skill acquisition for year III medical studentsCathleen E Morrow
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, USA
Fam Med 43:721-5. 2011..The value of SDM is increasingly evidenced by the incorporation of principles of SDM into the definitions of patient-centered care and PCMHs, accountable care organizations, and the language of the Health Reform Act of 2010...
- Do lessons learned in a training intervention on web-based health care resources diffuse to nonexposed members in the primary care setting? A comparative studyKaren Homa
Dartmouth Hitchcock Leadership Preventive Medicine Residency Program, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03766, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 17:330-40. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether those who attended an Internet health care resource training intervention transferred knowledge and skills to others in the practice...
- Developing resources to teach and assess the core competencies: a collaborative approachVirginia A Reed
Center for Educational Outcomes, HB 6239 Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Acad Med 79:1062-6. 2004....
- Effects of a small-scale, very short-term service-learning experience on college studentsVirginia A Reed
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Center for Educational Outcomes at Dartmouth, Dartmouth College, HB 6239, 03755 Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
J Adolesc 28:359-68. 2005..These findings provide support for the notion that minimally resource-intensive service-learning programs can provide students with some of the benefits of service-learning that have been identified in longer, more intensive experiences...
- The Dartmouth sleep knowledge and attitude survey: development and validationMichael J Sateia
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Sleep Med 6:47-54. 2005..To construct and validate an instrument for the purpose of assessing effectiveness of curriculum development and educational interventions in sleep medicine...
- A training intervention to improve information management in primary careKaren E Schifferdecker
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Fam Med 40:423-32. 2008....
- Self-directed community health assessment projects in a required family medicine clerkship: an effective way to teach community-oriented primary careKathryn Bonafede
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Fam Med 41:701-7. 2009..Community-oriented primary care (COPC) is a key teaching objective of many medical school family medicine clerkships. Though many programs are in place, little is published evaluating the effectiveness of curricula...
- Using mixed methods research in medical education: basic guidelines for researchersKaren E Schifferdecker
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Med Educ 43:637-44. 2009..Basic guidelines for when to use mixed methods research and how to design a mixed methods study in medical education research are not readily available...