Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Central nervous system demyelinating disease protection by the human commensal Bacteroides fragilis depends on polysaccharide A expressionJavier Ochoa-RepÃ¡raz
Section of Neurology, Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Immunol 185:4101-8. 2010..Our results suggest an important role for commensal bacterial Ags, in particular B. fragilis expressing polysaccharide A, in protecting against CNS demyelination in EAE and perhaps human multiple sclerosis...
- Glatiramer acetate biases dendritic cells towards an anti-inflammatory phenotype by modulating OPN, IL-17, and RORγt responses and by increasing IL-10 production in experimental allergic encephalomyelitisSakhina Begum-Haque
Department of Neurology, Geisel Medical School at Dartmouth, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Neuroimmunol 254:117-24. 2013..Thus GA not only biases dendritic cells towards an anti-inflammatory phenotype, but also suppresses the expression of factors that affect the blood-brain barrier penetration during neuroinflammation...
- Augmentation of regulatory B cell activity in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by glatiramer acetateSakhina Begum-Haque
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756 Multiple Sclerosis Center Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
J Neuroimmunol 232:136-44. 2011..Thus B cells can protect against EAE, and GA augments this effect in maintaining immune homeostasis and controlling EAE disease progression...
- Role of gut commensal microflora in the development of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisJavier Ochoa-Repáraz
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Immunol 183:6041-50. 2009..This approach may offer a new therapeutic paradigm in the treatment of multiple sclerosis and perhaps other autoimmune conditions...
- Gut, bugs, and brain: role of commensal bacteria in the control of central nervous system diseaseJavier Ochoa-Repáraz
Department of Neurology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
Ann Neurol 69:240-7. 2011..In contrast, other commensal bacteria and their antigenic products, when presented in the correct context, can protect against inflammation within the CNS...
- Increased expression of B cell-associated regulatory cytokines by glatiramer acetate in mice with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisSakhina Begum-Haque
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA Multiple Sclerosis Center at Dartmouth College, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Neuroimmunol 219:47-53. 2010..Thus, GA impacts both B cell survival and B cell cytokine production during CNS inflammatory disease in an EAE model...