D W Nierenberg
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Effects of 4 y of oral supplementation with beta-carotene on serum concentrations of retinol, tocopherol, and five carotenoidsD W Nierenberg
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH
Am J Clin Nutr 66:315-9. 1997..The findings also indicate that beta-carotene supplementation, which results in a moderate increase in serum beta-carotene concentration, does not significantly change serum concentrations of other carotenoids...
- The use of "vertical integration groups" to help define and update course/clerkship contentD W Nierenberg
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Acad Med 73:1068-71. 1998..The author discusses the advantages of this approach, the challenges encountered during implementation, and examples of how the approach has been put into action...
- A web-based system for students to document their experiences within six core competency domains during all clinical clerkshipsDavid W Nierenberg
Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03756, USA
Acad Med 82:51-73. 2007....
- Nurturing educational research at Dartmouth Medical School: the synergy among innovative ideas, support faculty, and administrative structuresDavid W Nierenberg
Office of Medical Education, Hinman Box 7005, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Acad Med 79:969-74. 2004..The authors also address some of the challenges that they anticipate in the near future...
- American Board of Clinical Pharmacology fellowship training and certification in clinical pharmacology: educational value and future needs for the disciplineL D Lewis
Section of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:134-7. 2007..We also explore how ABCP certification adds value to both individual trainees and the discipline in the evolving world of clinical therapeutics and research in human pharmacology...
- Educational epidemiology: applying population-based design and analytic approaches to study medical educationPatricia A Carney
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover and Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
JAMA 292:1044-50. 2004..Furthermore, the creation of a comprehensive national network of educational epidemiologists could enhance collaboration and the development of a strong educational research foundation...
- Computer use among community-based primary care physician preceptorsPatricia A Carney
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Acad Med 79:580-90. 2004..Little is known about how community-based clinical teachers use computers in their offices and what factors, such as age, may influence use...
- Ambulatory care education: how do academic medical centers, affiliated residency teaching sites, and community-based practices compare?Patricia A Carney
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Acad Med 79:69-77. 2004....
- Student experiences with competency domains during a psychiatry clerkshipDonald A West
Dartmouth Medical School, Psychiatry, DHMC Psychiatry Level 2, 1 Medical Center Dr, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Acad Psychiatry 33:204-11. 2009..The authors aim to understand how students are learning and growing in these domains and to modify the clerkship in an ongoing manner...
- An analysis of students' clinical experiences in an integrated primary care clerkshipPatricia A Carney
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03756, USA
Acad Med 77:681-7. 2002....
- A collaborative model for supporting community-based interdisciplinary educationPatricia A Carney
Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03756, USA
Acad Med 77:610-20. 2002..The model allows the medical school to balance institutional and departmental support for its educational programs, and to better position itself for the ongoing changes in the health care system...
- Development of a handheld computer documentation system to enhance an integrated primary care clerkshipCatherine F Pipas
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Acad Med 77:600-9. 2002....
- Preclinical preceptorships in medical school: can curricular objectives be met in diverse teaching settings?Greg Ogrinc
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Teach Learn Med 18:110-6. 2006..Although preclinical preceptorships for medical students during the first 2 years are now common, little is known about how well the curricular objectives can be met in clinical training sites...
- Non-melanoma skin cancers and glucocorticoid therapyM R Karagas
Departments of Community and Family Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacology and Toxicology, and the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, 03756, USA
Br J Cancer 85:683-6. 2001..We hypothesize that immunosuppression induced by oral glucocorticoids may allow these cancers to emerge from immunosurveillance...
- The impact of early clinical training in medical education: a multi-institutional assessmentP A Carney
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Acad Med 74:S59-66. 1999..Evaluations are critical to ensure competency, and faculty development must be linked to the evaluation process...
- "Did this drug cause my patient's hepatitis?" and related questionsDavid W Nierenberg
Ann Intern Med 136:480-3. 2002
- Adverse drug reactions, MedWatch reporting and medical student educationLionel D Lewis
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 12:93-5. 2003