Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- The RGG domain in hnRNP A2 affects subcellular localizationR C Nichols
Section of Connective Tissue Diseases, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Exp Cell Res 256:522-32. 2000..The data suggest that hnRNP A2 may contain a novel nuclear localization sequence, regulated by arginine methylation, that lies in the R191-G253 region and may function independently of the M9 transportin-1-binding region in hnRNP A2...
- Uroporphyrin accumulation in hepatoma cells expressing human or mouse CYP1A2: relation to the role of CYP1A2 in human porphyria cutanea tardaRalph C Nichols
VA Medical Center, 215 N Main Street, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 65:545-50. 2003..Cells expressing mouse CYP1A2 produced more URO than cells expressing human CYP1A2. The results indicate that human CYP1A2 can support URO accumulation in hepatoma cells and thus may play a role in human PCT...
- A flexible approach to studying post-transcriptional gene regulation in stably transfected mammalian cellsRalph C Nichols
Veterans Administration Research Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Mailstop 151, 215 North Main Street, White River Junction, VT 05009 0001, USA
Mol Biotechnol 48:210-7. 2011....
- hnRNP A2 and hnRNP L bind the 3'UTR of glucose transporter 1 mRNA and exist as a complex in vivoB J Hamilton
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, 03756, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 261:646-51. 1999..Immunoprecipitation demonstrated that hnRNP A2 and L exist as a complex in vivo. As a result of these and other studies, we conclude that hnRNP A2 and L associate in vivo and independently bind the 3'UTR of Glut1 mRNA...
- Post-transcriptional regulation of glucose transporter-1 by an AU-rich element in the 3'UTR and by hnRNP A2Mary E Griffin
Veterans Administration Research Service, White River Junction, VT 05009 0001, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318:977-82. 2004..These results identify the AURE cis element in human GLUT1 mRNA and show that hnRNP A2 acts on GLUT1 mRNA to inhibit expression of GLUT1 in a brain cancer cell line...
- Arsenite decreases CYP3A4 and RXRalpha in primary human hepatocytesTrisha L Noreault
Department of Pharmacology Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:993-1003. 2005..These results suggest that arsenite inhibits both untreated and induced CYP3A4 transcription in primary human hepatocytes by decreasing the activity of PXR, as well as expression of the nuclear receptor RXRalpha...
- Arsenite decreases CYP3A23 induction in cultured rat hepatocytes by transcriptional and translational mechanismsTrisha L Noreault
Veterans Administration Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 209:174-82. 2005..Overall, the results suggest that low-level arsenite decreases both transcription and translation of CYP3A23 in primary rat hepatocyte cultures...
- VEGF gene expression is regulated post-transcriptionally in macrophagesMin Du
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, and Veterans Administration Research Service, White River Junction, VT 05009 0001, USA
FEBS J 273:732-45. 2006..7 cells, but does not affect reporter activation with LPS. Together these results demonstrate that a post-transcriptional mechanism contributes to VEGF gene expression in activated macrophage cells...