Genomes and Genes
Mary Jo Mulligan-Kehoe
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Anti-angiogenic activity of rPAI-1(23) and vasa vasorum regressionMary Jo Mulligan-Kehoe
Department of Surgery, Vascular Section, The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Borwell 530E, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Trends Cardiovasc Med 23:114-20. 2013..This mechanism contributes significantly to vasa vasorum regression/collapse and is discussed as a model of regression...
- Micro computed tomography for vascular explorationLyubomir Zagorchev
INSERM U828, Plateforme d Innovation Biotechnologique de Xavier Arnozan, , Pessac, France
J Angiogenes Res 2:7. 2010..This review highlights the capabilities of micro-CT for vascular exploration, describes the current state of imaging protocols, and offers guidelines and suggestions aimed at making micro-CT more accurate, replicable, and robust...
- The vasa vasorum in diseased and nondiseased arteriesMary Jo Mulligan-Kehoe
Department of Surgery, Vascular Section, Dartmouth Medical School, Borwell 530E, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H295-305. 2010..Atherosclerosis is a multifactorial disease. There is increasing evidence that factors, produced in response to changes in the arterial wall, collaborate with the vasa vasorum to enhance the disease process...
- Inhibition of cytoplasmic antigen, glucose- 6-phosphate dehydrogenase, by VH-CH1, an intracellular Fd fragment antibody derived from a semisynthetic Fd fragment phage display libraryM J Mulligan-Kehoe
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Mol Biol 289:41-55. 1999....
- A truncated plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 protein blocks the availability of heparin-binding vascular endothelial growth factor A isoformsMary Jo Mulligan-Kehoe
Department of Surgery, Vascular Surgery Section, Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03756, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49077-89. 2002..This insight into anti-angiogenic functions related to PAI-1 conformational changes could provide potential intervention points in angiogenesis associated with atherosclerotic plaques and cancer...
- A truncated plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 protein induces and inhibits angiostatin (kringles 1-3), a plasminogen cleavage productM J Mulligan-Kehoe
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03756, USA
J Biol Chem 276:8588-96. 2001..In a second mechanism, rPAI-1(23) can bind uPA and/or plasminogen to reduce the number of uPA and plasminogen interactions, hence reducing the amount of plasmin that is produced...
- The antiangiogenic activity of rPAI-1(23) inhibits vasa vasorum and growth of atherosclerotic plaqueMary Drinane
Angiogenesis Research, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Circ Res 104:337-45. 2009....
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 is required for vasa vasorum plexus stability in hypercholesterolemic miceJessica I Mollmark
Department of Surgery, Vascular Section, Dartmouth Medical School, Borwell 530 E 1 Medical Center Dr, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2644-51. 2012..FGF-2 seems to play a role in the formation of a distinct vasa vasorum network. This study examined the vasa vasorum structure and its relationship to FGF-2...
- Antiangiogenic activity of rPAI-1(23) promotes vasa vasorum regression in hypercholesterolemic mice through a plasmin-dependent mechanismJessica Mollmark
Department of Surgery, Vascular Section, Dartmouth Medical School, Borwell 530 E, 1 Medical Center Dr, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Circ Res 108:1419-28. 2011....
- Antiangiogenic plasma activity in patients with systemic sclerosisMary Jo Mulligan-Kehoe
Angiogenesis Research Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:3448-58. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the presence of antiangiogenic factors in patients with SSc...
- The anti-angiogenic activity of rPAI-1(23) inhibits fibroblast growth factor-2 functionsMary Drinane
Department of Surgery, Vascular Section, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Biol Chem 281:33336-44. 2006..The rPAI-1(23) anti-angiogenic activity inhibits FGF2 pro-angiogenic functions by blocking FGF2 signaling through FGF receptor 1 and syndecan-4 and downstream effectors p-Akt, p-JNK, and p-c-Jun...
- Current concepts in normal and defective angiogenesis: implications for systemic sclerosisMary Jo Mulligan-Kehoe
Section of Cardiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 9:173-9. 2007..In this review, we summarize the current knowledge of the angiogenic imbalance in systemic sclerosis...
- The effect of endothelial cell overexpression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 on smooth muscle cell migrationRichard R Proia
Department of Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Vasc Surg 36:164-71. 2002..Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), a known inhibitor of plasminogen activators, may regulate smooth muscle cell migration (SMC) through alteration in matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) activity...
- Selective regulation of arterial branching morphogenesis by synectinThomas W Chittenden
Angiogenesis Research Center, Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Dev Cell 10:783-95. 2006..We conclude that synectin is involved in selective regulation of arterial, but not venous, growth and branching morphogenesis and that Rac1 plays an important role in this process...
- Vascular disease in scleroderma: angiogenesis and vascular repairMary Jo Mulligan-Kehoe
Angiogenesis Research Center, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Borwell 530 E, 1 Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 34:73-9; vi. 2008..Although most aspects of vascular injury in scleroderma are poorly understood, certain biologic themes are beginning to emerge that are important in understanding scleroderma-related vascular disease...
- Advances in imaging angiogenesis and inflammation in atherosclerosisL Zagorchev
Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Thromb Haemost 105:820-7. 2011....
- Mechanisms of PAI-1 Induced Anti-AngiogenesisMary J Mulligan Kehoe; Fiscal Year: 2011....