N E Morden
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Overuse of short-interval bone densitometry: assessing rates of low-value careN E Morden
The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, 35 Centerra Parkway, Lebanon, NH, 03766, USA
Osteoporos Int 25:2307-11. 2014..Short-interval DXA use varied across regions (coefficient of variation = 0.64), and unlike other DXAs, rates decreased with payment cuts...
- End-of-life care for Medicare beneficiaries with cancer is highly intensive overall and varies widelyNancy E Morden
Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:786-96. 2012..They also suggest that best practices in end-of-life cancer care can be found in many settings and that efforts to improve the quality of end-of-life care should include every hospital category...
- Further exploration of the relationship between insulin glargine and incident cancer: a retrospective cohort study of older Medicare patientsNancy E Morden
Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Lebanon, NH, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1965-71. 2011..In vitro evidence suggests insulin glargine promotes tumors; observational human studies are conflicting. We aimed to expand understanding of this potential treatment risk...
- Skeletal health in men with chronic lung disease: rates of testing, treatment, and fracturesN E Morden
The Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Osteoporos Int 22:1855-62. 2011..We found high rates of fractures but low rates of bone density testing that could predict fracture before it occurs...
- Quality of care for cardiometabolic disease: associations with mental disorder and ruralityNancy E Morden
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Med Care 48:72-8. 2010..We assess whether quality of care disparities by mental disorder status are magnified for individuals living in rural areas...
- Health care for patients with serious mental illness: family medicine's roleNancy E Morden
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Lebanon, NH, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 22:187-95. 2009..We review health outcomes of the seriously mentally ill and models designed to improve these outcomes. We propose specific strategies for Family Medicine clinicians and researchers to address this problem...
- Medicaid prior authorization and controlled-release oxycodoneNancy E Morden
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03766, USA
Med Care 46:573-80. 2008..To control use and expenditures, many Medicaid programs have implemented CR oxycodone prior authorization (PA) policies. Few studies evaluate Medicaid policies or compare lenient and strict policies in multiple states...
- Trends and geographic variation of opiate medication use in state Medicaid fee-for-service programs, 1996 to 2002Judy T Zerzan
HSR and D Department of Veterans Affairs, Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Med Care 44:1005-10. 2006..This study describes temporal and interstate variability in aggregate prescription opiate medication use within U.S. Medicaid programs...
- States' control of prescription drug spending: a heterogeneous approachNancy E Morden
University of Washington, in Seattle, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 24:1032-8. 2005....
- Alzheimer's disease medication: use and cost projections for Medicare Part DNancy E Morden
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:622-4. 2007
- Implications of Part D for mentally ill dual eligibles: a challenge for MedicareNancy E Morden
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:491-500. 2006..We discuss the details and policy implications of this challenge...