Mark P McGovern
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- A survey of clinical practices and readiness to adopt evidence-based practices: Dissemination research in an addiction treatment systemMark P McGovern
New Hampshire Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 26:305-12. 2004..Translational strategies for treatment development and research dissemination are discussed...
- Development and initial feasibility of an organizational measure of behavioral health integration in medical care settingsMark P McGovern
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03766, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 43:402-9. 2012..Future research should consider a revised version of the measure, a larger and more representative sample, and linking organizational capacity with patient outcomes...
- Addiction treatment services and co-occurring disorders: the ASAM-PPC-2R taxonomy of program dual diagnosis capabilityMark P McGovern
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
J Addict Dis 26:27-37. 2007..However, no objective study of this model has been conducted...
- Co-occurring psychiatric and substance use disorders: a multistate feasibility study of the quadrant modelMark P McGovern
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, 2 Whipple Pl, Suite 202, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:949-54. 2007....
- Addiction treatment services and co-occurring disorders: Prevalence estimates, treatment practices, and barriersMark P McGovern
Department of Psychiatry, New Hampshire Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 31:267-75. 2006..This objective information is critical for systems intending to enhance services to persons with co-occurring disorders...
- A cognitive behavioral therapy for co-occurring substance use and posttraumatic stress disordersMark P McGovern
Dartmouth Medical School, 2 Whipple Place, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Addict Behav 34:892-7. 2009..Primary outcomes were substance use, PTSD severity, and retention, of which all were favorable for patients receiving the CBT for PTSD...
- Relapse of substance use disorder and its prevention among persons with co-occurring disordersMark P McGovern
Department of psychiatry of Dartmouth Medical School, 2 Whipple Place, Suite 202, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03766, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:1270-3. 2005..Further research is needed to examine relapse prevention therapies as a key component to continuing care for persons with co-occurring substance use and psychiatric disorders...
- Evidence-based practices for substance use disordersMark P McGovern
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 26:991-1010. 2003....
- Psychiatric comorbidity and physicians with substance use disorders: a comparison between the 1980s and 1990sDaniel H Angres
Department of Psychiatry, Section of Addiction Medicine, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
J Addict Dis 22:79-87. 2003..Although the cohorts were similar on demographic, physician specialty, and drug of choice variables, psychiatric comorbidity was significantly more prevalent in the later sample...
- Future directions in preventing relapse to substance abuse among clients with severe mental illnessesRobert E Drake
Department of psychiatry of Dartmouth Medical School, 2 Whipple Place, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03766, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:1297-302. 2005....
- Physicians and nurses with substance use disordersMatthew F Shaw
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Adv Nurs 47:561-71. 2004..These studies have rarely compared nurses and physicians directly, thereby making if difficult to tailor interventions to the potentially unique needs of each group...
- Co-occurring medical, psychiatric, and alcohol-related disorders among veterans returning from Iraq and AfghanistanTracy Stecker
Dartmouth Medical School, 2 Whipple Place Suite 202, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Psychosomatics 51:503-7. 2010..Soldiers often return from war with a variety of combat-related mental health conditions, including posttraumatic stress disorder, depression, and substance-use disorders...
- An intervention to increase alcohol treatment engagement: a pilot trialTracy Stecker
Psychiatric Research Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 43:161-7. 2012..This study assessed the feasibility of a brief, cognitive-behavioral intervention designed to increase treatment initiation among individuals with alcohol use disorders...
- Organizational Capacity to Address Co-occurring Substance Use and Psychiatric Disorders: Assessing Variation by Level of CareChantal Lambert-Harris
From the Department of Psychiatry CL H, MPM, Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center ECS, and Department of Community and Family Medicine HX, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, NH
J Addict Med 7:25-32. 2013..Estimates of available services vary widely and have not examined potential variation by level of care...
- The status of addiction treatment research with co-occurring substance use and psychiatric disordersMark P McGovern
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 34:1-2. 2008
- Gender of physicians with substance use disorders: clinical characteristics, treatment utilization, and post-treatment functioningMark P McGovern
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Subst Use Misuse 38:993-1001. 2003..Although there were many similarities, important differences emerged among the groups. These differences have implications for physician education and training and warrant more systematic clinical research...
- Treatment for co-occurring mental and substance use disorders in five state Medicaid programsRobin E Clark
Center for Health Policy and Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 222 Maple Ave, Chang Building, Shrewsbury, MA 01545, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:942-8. 2007..This study described the locations and patterns of psychiatric and substance abuse treatment for Medicaid beneficiaries with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders in five states...
- A systematic analysis of college substance use policiesLindsay M Hirschfeld
Graduate program in sociology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
J Am Coll Health 54:169-76. 2005..The next stage of campus policy review should examine actual implementation, evaluate potential differentiating factors among institutions, and assess the influence of policy on campus climate and student outcomes...
- Cognitive Therapy for PTSD in Addiction TreatmentMARK MCGOVERN; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- A Stage II Efficacy Study of CBT for PTSD in Community Addiction TreatmentMark P McGovern; Fiscal Year: 2010..The overarching goal of the present research is to improve addiction treatment for patients with posttraumatic stress disorder, as persons with this comorbidity are significantly less likely to access and benefit from standard care. ..
- Integrated CBT for Co-Occurring PTSD and Substance Use DisordersMark P McGovern; Fiscal Year: 2010..The overarching goal is to test I-CBT in Veterans Affairs (VA) clinical settings, with the eventual impact of improving outcomes for OEF/OIF Veterans with this co-morbidity. ..