Carmen J Marsit
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- DNA methylation arrays as surrogate measures of cell mixture distributionEugene Andres Houseman
College of Public Health and Human Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 13:86. 2012..Emerging research demonstrates that DNA methylation is responsible for cellular differentiation, and when measured in whole peripheral blood, serves to distinguish cancer cases from controls...
- Blood-derived DNA methylation markers of cancer riskCarmen Marsit
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, 7650 Remsen, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 754:233-52. 2013..This chapter highlights the existing research linking the environment, blood-derived DNA methylation alterations, and cancer risk, and points out how these epigenetic alterations may be contributing fundamentally to carcinogenesis...
- Placenta-imprinted gene expression association of infant neurobehaviorCarmen J Marsit
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
J Pediatr 160:854-860.e2. 2012..To identify links between altered gene imprinting in the placenta and infant neurobehavioral profiles...
- Placental 11-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase methylation is associated with newborn growth and a measure of neurobehavioral outcomeCarmen J Marsit
Department of Pharmacology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33794. 2012....
- Differential DNA methylation in umbilical cord blood of infants exposed to low levels of arsenic in uteroDevin C Koestler
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Environ Health Perspect 121:971-7. 2013..Conclusions: Our findings suggest that in utero exposure to low levels of arsenic may affect the epigenome. Long-term follow-up is planned to determine whether the observed changes are associated with health outcomes. ..
- Peripheral blood immune cell methylation profiles are associated with nonhematopoietic cancersDevin C Koestler
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1293-302. 2012....
- Patterning in placental 11-B hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase methylation according to prenatal socioeconomic adversityAllison A Appleton
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, New Hampshire, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e74691. 2013..Therefore, we hypothesized that prenatal socioeconomic adversity would be associated with less HSD11B2 methylation...
- Acute hypersensitivity of pluripotent testicular cancer-derived embryonal carcinoma to low-dose 5-aza deoxycytidine is associated with global DNA Damage-associated p53 activation, anti-pluripotency and DNA demethylationBijesh K Biswal
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, New Hampshire, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e53003. 2012..Low-dose 5-aza therapy may be a general strategy to treat those tumors that are sustained by cells with embryonic stem-like properties.GEO NUMBER FOR THE MICROARRAY DATA: GSE42647...
- Epigenetic basis for the development of depression in childrenBarry M Lester
Center for the Study of Children at Risk, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, Providence, Rhode Island Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and of Community and Family Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, New Hampshire
Clin Obstet Gynecol 56:556-65. 2013..Implications of this approach to the study of mental health disorders for preventive interventions are discussed. ..
- HSD3B and gene-gene interactions in a pathway-based analysis of genetic susceptibility to bladder cancerAngeline S Andrew
Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e51301. 2012..This biologic process-based analysis suggests candidate susceptibility markers and supports the theory that disrupted hormone regulation plays a role in bladder carcinogenesis...