Carrie H Colla
Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Choosing wisely: prevalence and correlates of low-value health care services in the United StatesCarrie H Colla
The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, NH, USA
J Gen Intern Med 30:221-8. 2015..Specialty societies in the United States identified low-value tests and procedures that contribute to waste and poor health care quality via implementation of the American Board of Internal Medicine Foundation's Choosing Wisely initiative...
- Spending differences associated with the Medicare Physician Group Practice DemonstrationCarrie H Colla
Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, 35 Centerra Pkwy, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
JAMA 308:1015-23. 2012..Although evidence indicates the PGPD improved quality, uncertainty remains about its effect on costs...
- San Francisco's 'pay or play' employer mandate expanded private coverage by local firms and a public care programCarrie H Colla
Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Lebanon, NH, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 32:69-77. 2013..San Francisco's experience indicates that such a mandate is feasible, increases access, and is acceptable to many employers, which bodes well for the national employer mandate that will take effect under the Affordable Care Act in 2014...
- ACO contracting with private and public payers: a baseline comparative analysisValerie A Lewis
35 Centerra Parkway, Lebanon, NH, 03766 E mail
Am J Manag Care 20:1008-14. 2014..Little is known, however, about the prevalence of private payer ACO contracts and the characteristics of contract structures or how these compare with public ACO contracts...
- Impact of payment reform on chemotherapy at the end of lifeCarrie H Colla
Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:e200-8. 2012..To assess the impact of 2005 and 2006 reductions in chemotherapy reimbursement, mandated in the Medicare Modernization Act, on patterns of chemotherapy receipt in the last 14 days of life...
- Prescription opioid use among disabled Medicare beneficiaries: intensity, trends, and regional variationNancy E Morden
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge Massachusetts, Lebanon, NH
Med Care 52:852-9. 2014..Among disabled Medicare beneficiaries under the age of 65, the rise in musculoskeletal conditions as qualifying diagnoses suggests that opioid analgesic use may be common and increasing, raising safety concerns...
- Accountable Care Organizations in the United States: market and demographic factors associated with formationValerie A Lewis
The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, Lebanon, NH
Health Serv Res 48:1840-58. 2013..The Accountable Care Organization (ACO) model is rapidly being implemented by Medicare, private payers, and states, but little is known about the scope of ACO implementation...
- Innovation in the safety net: integrating community health centers through accountable careValerie A Lewis
The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, 35 Centerra Parkway, Lebanon, NH, 03766, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:1484-90. 2014..Current delivery system reforms such as Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) may either reinforce the isolation of these providers or may spur new integration of safety net providers...