Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Behind the scenes of a research and training collaboration: power, privilege, and the hidden transcript of raceElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Lebanon, NH, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 37:288-306. 2013..Central to this aim is a consideration of how issues of power, privilege, and the hidden transcript of race shape the nature of our research and training efforts...
- "Right here is an oasis": how "recovery communities" contribute to recovery for people with serious mental illnessesElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Lebanon, NH, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 35:435-40. 2012..We label these configurations "recovery communities" (RCs). The authors aim to identify features of the contextual environment of RCs that contribute to recovery from the perspective of RC residents...
- Anthropological perspectives on money management: considerations for the design and implementation of interventions for substance abuseElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 38:49-54. 2012..There remains a long-standing argument regarding the need for money management strategies to control poor spending habits among people with substance use disorders...
- A qualitative study of social facilitators and barriers to health behavior change among persons with serious mental illnessKelly Aschbrenner
Dartmouth Center for Aging Research, 46 Centerra Parkway, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Community Ment Health J 49:207-12. 2013....
- Reducing disparities in mental health care: suggestions from the Dartmouth-Howard collaborationElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, 2 Whipple Place, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Community Ment Health J 47:1-13. 2011....
- Ethno-cultural variations in the experience and meaning of mental illness and treatment: implications for access and utilizationElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center and Dartmouth College, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Transcult Psychiatry 47:224-51. 2010....
- Consumer perspectives on involving family and significant others in a healthy lifestyle interventionKelly Aschbrenner
Dartmouth Center for Aging Research, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, NH, USA
Health Soc Work 37:207-15. 2012..Programs aimed at helping people with SMI make lifestyle changes may increase their effectiveness by involving significant others. Mobilizing social support networks for health behavior change is an ideal role for social workers...
- The effects of supported employment in Latino consumers with severe mental illnessKim T Mueser
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Psychiatr Rehabil J 37:113-22. 2014..Efforts should be made to increase access to supported employment in the growing population of Latinos with severe mental illness. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2014 APA, all rights reserved). ..
- Caught in the psychiatric net: meanings and experiences of ADHD, pediatric bipolar disorder and mental health treatment among a diverse group of families in the United StatesElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 33:61-85. 2009..Families' experiences are positioned to reveal the allure, as well as the limitations, of biopsychiatric approaches to behavioral and emotional problems...