Affiliation: Dartmouth Medical School
- Reducing disparities in mental health care: suggestions from the Dartmouth-Howard collaborationElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, 2 Whipple Place, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Community Ment Health J 47:1-13. 2011....
- Ethno-cultural variations in the experience and meaning of mental illness and treatment: implications for access and utilizationElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center and Dartmouth College, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Transcult Psychiatry 47:224-51. 2010....
- A qualitative study of social facilitators and barriers to health behavior change among persons with serious mental illnessKelly Aschbrenner
Dartmouth Center for Aging Research, 46 Centerra Parkway, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Community Ment Health J 49:207-12. 2013....
- "Right here is an oasis": how "recovery communities" contribute to recovery for people with serious mental illnessesElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Lebanon, NH, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 35:435-40. 2012..We label these configurations "recovery communities" (RCs). The authors aim to identify features of the contextual environment of RCs that contribute to recovery from the perspective of RC residents...
- Behind the scenes of a research and training collaboration: power, privilege, and the hidden transcript of raceElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Lebanon, NH, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 37:288-306. 2013..Central to this aim is a consideration of how issues of power, privilege, and the hidden transcript of race shape the nature of our research and training efforts...
- Consumer perspectives on involving family and significant others in a healthy lifestyle interventionKelly Aschbrenner
Dartmouth Center for Aging Research, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, NH, USA
Health Soc Work 37:207-15. 2012..Programs aimed at helping people with SMI make lifestyle changes may increase their effectiveness by involving significant others. Mobilizing social support networks for health behavior change is an ideal role for social workers...
- Caught in the psychiatric net: meanings and experiences of ADHD, pediatric bipolar disorder and mental health treatment among a diverse group of families in the United StatesElizabeth Carpenter-Song
Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 33:61-85. 2009..Families' experiences are positioned to reveal the allure, as well as the limitations, of biopsychiatric approaches to behavioral and emotional problems...