Andreas H Taenzer
Affiliation: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Developing a continuous monitoring infrastructure for detection of inpatient deteriorationJoshua Pyke
Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 38:428-31, 385. 2012..A physiologic database infrastructure, composed of a patient monitoring system and a data processing and storage system, enables the detection of deterioration in noncritical patients, thereby helping to prevent failure-to-rescue events...
- A review of current and emerging approaches to address failure-to-rescueAndreas H Taenzer
Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Medical School and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA
Anesthesiology 115:421-31. 2011..Thus, the lack of early recognition of physiologic decline plays a major role in the failure-to-rescue problem...
- A comparison of oxygen saturation data in inpatients with low oxygen saturation using automated continuous monitoring and intermittent manual data chartingAndreas H Taenzer
From the Department of Anesthesiology and Pediatrics, The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth, Hanover and Department of Anesthesiology, The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire
Anesth Analg 118:326-31. 2014..In addition, no data are currently available that investigate the often suspected "wake up" effect, resulting from a nurse entering a patient's room to obtain vital signs...
- Impact of pulse oximetry surveillance on rescue events and intensive care unit transfers: a before-and-after concurrence studyAndreas H Taenzer
Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Dartmouth Medical School, One Medical Center Drive, Hanover, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Anesthesiology 112:282-7. 2010..Some preventable deaths in hospitalized patients are due to unrecognized deterioration. There are no publications of studies that have instituted routine patient monitoring postoperatively and analyzed impact on patient outcomes...
- Incidence of local anesthetic systemic toxicity and postoperative neurologic symptoms associated with 12,668 ultrasound-guided nerve blocks: an analysis from a prospective clinical registryBrian Daniel Sites
Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 37:478-82. 2012..Our objective was to contribute to the knowledge regarding the incidence of local anesthetic systemic toxicity and postoperative neurologic symptoms in the setting of ultrasound-guided peripheral regional anesthesia...
- Efficacy of postoperative epidural analgesia in adolescent scoliosis surgery: a meta-analysisAndreas H Taenzer
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 20:135-43. 2010..We aim to analyze the available literature for sufficient evidence to allow recommendations regarding the use of epidural analgesia with parenteral opioids vs. intravenous opioids only...
- Experience with 724 epidurograms for epidural catheter placement in pediatric anesthesiaAndreas H Taenzer
Department of Anesthesiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Children s Hospital at Dartmouth, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 35:432-5. 2010..Ideally, correct placement should be confirmed at the time of insertion...