Ahmed H Dahshan
- Helicobacter pylori and infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis: is there a possible relationship?Ahmed Dahshan
Division of Pediatric GI and Nutrition, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma 4135, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 42:262-4. 2006..We performed this study to evaluate the possible relationship between IHPS and H. pylori...
- Severe methemoglobinemia complicating topical benzocaine use during endoscopy in a toddler: a case report and review of the literatureAhmed Dahshan
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Tulsa, OK 74135, USA
Pediatrics 117:e806-9. 2006..By bringing the attention of pediatricians to this rare but serious complication, we hope that it will result in its improved recognition and possible prevention...
- Bougienage versus endoscopy for esophageal coin removal in childrenAhmed H Dahshan
Division of Pediatric GI and Nutrition, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Tulsa, OK 74135, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:454-6. 2007..Endoscopic removal is the preferred treatment in many pediatric centers as its safety and effectiveness are well established...
- Life threatening rectal bleeding due to a giant solitary juvenile polyp in a child. A case report and review of the literatureAhmed Dahshan
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Tulsa, 4502 East 41st Street Suite 2A21, Tulsa, OK 74135, USA
J Okla State Med Assoc 101:58-60. 2008..Spontaneous cessation of bleeding should not delay the endoscopic evaluation. In a child with massive hematochesia, JP should still be considered in the differential diagnosis, as highlighted by this case...
- Prenatal exposure to methamphetamine presenting as neonatal cholestasisAhmed Dahshan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center Tulsa, Tulsa, OK 74135, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:88-90. 2009..Cholestatic hepatitis is a recognized complication of exposure to some drugs including carbamazepine and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole...
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease and dental erosion in childrenAhmed Dahshan
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Oklahoma University College of Medicine, Tulsa 74129, USA
J Pediatr 140:474-8. 2002..Dental erosions were identified in 20; all had GERD. Erosion patterns showed more involvement of the posterior teeth. Many affected patients had primary dentition...