R M Lawn
Affiliation: CV Therapeutics
- The Tangier disease gene product ABC1 controls the cellular apolipoprotein-mediated lipid removal pathwayR M Lawn
CV Therapeutics Inc, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Clin Invest 104:R25-31. 1999..Thus, ABC1 has the properties of a key protein in the cellular lipid removal pathway, as emphasized by the consequences of its defect in patients with Tangier disease...
- Reconstitution of lipoprotein(a) by infusion of human low density lipoprotein into transgenic mice expressing human apolipoprotein(a)G Chiesa
Department of Internal Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
J Biol Chem 267:24369-74. 1992..These studies suggest that apo(a) fails to associate with mouse lipoproteins due to structural differences between human and mouse LDL, and that Lp(a) formation can occur in plasma through the association of apo(a) with circulating LDL...
- Human apolipoprotein D gene: gene sequence, chromosome localization, and homology to the alpha 2u-globulin superfamilyD T Drayna
DNA 6:199-204. 1987..Similarity of intron locations in both apo D and RBP suggests that these two genes derived from a common ancestor...
- Assignment of the human gene for cholesteryl ester transfer protein to chromosome 16q12-16q21A J Lusis
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
Genomics 1:232-5. 1987....
- 5' control regions of the apolipoprotein(a) gene and members of the related plasminogen gene familyD P Wade
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5246
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:1369-73. 1993..Flanking genomic fragments of the apoliprotein(a) gene from two individuals with vastly different plasma apolipoprotein(a) concentrations have sequence differences that are reflected in differences in the rate of in vitro transcription...
- Loss of a splice donor site at a 'skipped exon' in a gene homologous to apolipoprotein(a) leads to an mRNA encoding a protein consisting of a single kringle domainC D Byrne
Falk Cardiovascular Research Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5246, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 15:65-70. 1995..This results in "exon skipping" during maturation of the mRNA, causing a coding frame shift and the presence of premature stop codons...
- Fibrinogen deficiency reduces vascular accumulation of apolipoprotein(a) and development of atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein(a) transgenic miceX J Lou
Falk Cardiovascular Research Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:12591-5. 1998..Our results suggest that fibrin(ogen) provides one of the major sites to which apo(a) binds to the vessel wall and participates in the generation of atherosclerosis...
- Localization of human ATP-binding cassette transporter 1 (ABC1) in normal and atherosclerotic tissuesR M Lawn
Winship Cancer Institute, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:378-85. 2001..However, the presence of ABC1 in ductal cells of the kidney medulla and in the small intestine suggest a more general role for this protein in cholesterol transport in other cell types...
- Functional analysis of the chimpanzee and human apo(a) promoter sequences: identification of sequence variations responsible for elevated transcriptional activity in chimpanzeeT Huby
INSERM, , , , , , , Paris 75651 Cedex 13, France
J Biol Chem 276:22209-14. 2001..High transcriptional activity of the chimpanzee apo(a) gene may therefore represent a key factor in the elevated plasma Lp(a) levels characteristic of this non-human primate...