Daniel R Wilson
Affiliation: Creighton University
- Schizophrenia, cancer and obstetric complications in an evolutionary perspective-an empirically based hypothesisAntonio Preti
Centro Medico Genneruxi, via Costantinopoli 42, Cagliari, Italy
Psychiatry Investig 8:77-88. 2011..Genes favoring schizophrenia may have been positively selected in the environment of evolutionary adaptation. Literature on potential adaptive genes is reviewed within an evolutionary framework...
- New-onset diabetes and ketoacidosis with atypical antipsychoticsDaniel R Wilson
Department of Psychiatry, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Schizophr Res 59:1-6. 2003..Monitoring for changes in blood glucose levels in patients taking atypical antipsychotics may be indicated. More systematic study data are clearly needed...
- The Seven Deadly Sins of academic chairsDaniel R Wilson
Department of Psychiatry, Creighton University, 3528 Dodge St, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Acad Psychiatry 30:304-8. 2006
- Schizophrenia as one extreme of a sexually selected fitness indicatorDaniel R Wilson
Department of Psychiatry, Creighton University Medical Center, 3528 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Schizophr Res 70:111-4. 2004
- The role of complex emotions in inconsistent diagnoses of schizophreniaMichael A Gara
Department of Psychiatry, UMDNJ University Behavioral HealthCare and Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08855 1392, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:609-13. 2010..e., age of patient, gender, or ethnicity. In particular, complex emotion patterns were associated with greater disagreement between experts and trained lay interviewers than were simpler patterns...
- The role of academic psychiatry faculty in the treatment and subsequent evaluation and promotion of medical students: an ethical conundrumMichael G Kavan
Creighton University School of Medicine, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Acad Psychiatry 32:3-7. 2008....
- Child and adolescent schizophrenia: pharmacological approachesVishal Madaan
Creighton University Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, 3528, Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:2053-68. 2008..Until recent times, treatment approaches for childhood schizophrenia were derived from the adult population. However, given the unique developmental challenges in the pediatric population, this extrapolation may not hold true...
- Inconsistencies in diagnosis and symptoms among bilingual and English-speaking Latinos and Euro-AmericansEsperanza Diaz
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, Hispanic Clinic, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1379-82. 2009..research questions: Do Latinos have disproportionate rates of clinical diagnoses of major depression based on structured diagnostic interviews? Are diagnostic patterns consistent with patient profiles and medical record information?..
- Neuropeptides: relevance in treatment of depression and anxiety disordersVishal Madaan
Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
Drug News Perspect 22:319-24. 2009....
- Risperidone monotherapy for post-traumatic stress disorder related to sexual assault and domestic abuse in womenPrasad R Padala
Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:275-80. 2006..In this small pilot study, risperidone monotherapy was more effective than placebo in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder...
- Psychiatry: organized and disorganizedStuart Munro
Department of Psychiatry, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, 1000 East 24th Street, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 31:137-47. 2008..A number of examples of national and international collaboration between psychiatric organizations leading to positive outcomes can be cited...
- Standard and higher dose of olanzapine in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder: a randomized, double-blind, fixed-dose studyBruce J Kinon
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Drop Code 4133, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:392-400. 2008....
- The American Board Of Psychiatry and Neurology: historical overview and current perspectivesStephen C Scheiber
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 446 East Ontario Street, Suite 7 200, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 31:123-35. 2008..Here we provide an historical overview of the ABPN, its formation, mission, roles, and changes that have taken place over the years in the certification, recertification, and maintenance of certification process...
- Relapse Prevention: Long-Acting Atypical AntipsychoticsDaniel Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Even relatively modest delays in relapse and improvement of long term functioning potentially resulting from a long acting second-generation medication can translate into substantial public health benefits. ..