Lee E Morrow
Affiliation: Creighton University
- Probiotic, prebiotic, and synbiotic use in critically ill patientsLee E Morrow
Nebraska and Western Iowa Veterans Affairs Hospital, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Curr Opin Crit Care 18:186-91. 2012..To summarize the existing data regarding the use of probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics in select disorders encountered in the intensive care unit setting...
- Probiotics in the intensive care unitLee E Morrow
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 27:235-41. 2012..However, probiotic research will likely be hindered in the future given a recent ruling by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration...
- Synbiotics and probiotics in the critically ill after the PROPATRIA trialLee E Morrow
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Nebraska, USA
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 15:147-50. 2012..Although each of these conditions has implications for critically ill patients, relatively few studies have specifically studied this vulnerable population...
- Acute isoniazid toxicity and the need for adequate pyridoxine suppliesLee E Morrow
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:1529-32. 2006....
- Probiotics in the intensive care unit: why controversies and confusion aboundLee E Morrow
Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Creighton University Medical Center, 601 North 30th Street, Suite 3820, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Crit Care 12:160. 2008..Recent advances in the delineation of probiotics' mechanisms of action offer the opportunity to construct a more logical framework within which future trials are designed...
- Prevention strategies for healthcare-associated pneumoniaLee E Morrow
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 30:86-91. 2009..This review explores common prevention strategies that may be applicable to HCAP, highlights areas of controversy that require further study, and describes several areas of ongoing novel investigation...
- Probiotics in the intensive care unitLee E Morrow
Creighton University Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Curr Opin Crit Care 15:144-8. 2009..To examine current knowledge regarding the utility of probiotics in a variety of medical conditions afflicting critically ill patients in the intensive care unit (ICU)...
- Probiotic prophylaxis of ventilator-associated pneumonia: a blinded, randomized, controlled trialLee E Morrow
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:1058-64. 2010..It is unknown whether probiotic modification of the upper aerodigestive flora can reduce nosocomial infections...
- Predictors of pulmonary complications after bariatric surgeryPrateek K Gupta
Department of Surgery, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 8:574-81. 2012..Our objective was to identify their current prevalence after bariatric surgery and to study the preoperative factors associated with them using data from the American College of Surgeons' National Surgical Quality Improvement Program...
- Recognition and prevention of nosocomial pneumonia in the intensive care unit and infection control in mechanical ventilationLee E Morrow
Department of Medicine, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Crit Care Med 38:S352-62. 2010..Finally, we will provide some guidance on how standardized or protocolized care of mechanically ventilated patients can reduce the occurrence of and morbidity associated with complications like NP...
- Probiotics for preventing and treating nosocomial infections: review of current evidence and recommendationsWarren Isakow
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University St Louis School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Chest 132:286-94. 2007....
- A systematic review of the cardiovascular risk of inhaled anticholinergics in patients with COPDDaniel E Hilleman
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Creighton University School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 4:253-63. 2009..Prospective, adequately powered RCTs are needed to provide more evidence for the CV safety of tiotropium...
- Health care-associated pneumonia (HCAP): a critical appraisal to improve identification, management, and outcomes--proceedings of the HCAP SummitMarin H Kollef
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:S296-334; quiz 335-8. 2008..The results were then compared with results of the same survey as completed by 744 Infectious Diseases Society of America members. The similarities and differences between those survey results are the basis of this publication...
- Development and validation of a risk calculator predicting postoperative respiratory failureHimani Gupta
Department of Medicine, Creighton University, 601 N 30th St, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Chest 140:1207-15. 2011..The objective of this study was to identify preoperative factors associated with an increased risk of PRF and subsequently develop and validate a risk calculator...
- Improvement in appropriate utilization of recombinant human erythropoietin pre- and post-implementation of a required order formTammy L Burns
Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:832-7. 2010..A required order form with acceptable indications and dosing was implemented at an academic medical center in an attempt to improve dosing and appropriate utilization of ESAs...
- Health-related quality of life after lung volume reduction surgeryRoger D Yusen
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, and Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 14:403-12. 2002..This report describes the HRQOL and survival outcomes of patients with emphysema after LVRS...
- Probiotic Prophylaxis of Ventilator-Associated PneumoniaLEE MORROW; Fiscal Year: 2007....