Affiliation: Creighton University
- Accuracy of pubertal Tanner staging self-reportingJean Claude Desmangles
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology Diabetes, Creighton University, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:213-21. 2006..Previous studies examining the reliability of self-reported Tanner stages have given conflicting results. We report on the reliability of self-reported Tanner stages in lean healthy children...
- Progression of visual field loss in untreated glaucoma patients and glaucoma suspects in St. Lucia, West IndiesM Roy Wilson
Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 134:399-405. 2002..8% prevalence of open-angle glaucoma in the black population of St. Lucia, West Indies. This follow-up study assessed visual field loss progression in untreated glaucoma patients and glaucoma suspects 10 years later...
- Race, ethnicity and prevalence of primary open-angle glaucomaOmofolasade Kosoko-Lasaki
Department of Surgery, Creighton University, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:1626-9. 2006..Recently, some authors pooled data from studies on the Dutch, Australians and Americans of European origin in an attempt to predict the prevalence of primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) in the United States...
- Novel and existing mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of the epidermal growth factor receptor are predictors of optimal resectability in malignant peritoneal mesotheliomaJason M Foster
Division of Surgical Oncology, Creighton University Medical Center, Creighton University, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:152-8. 2009..Experiments confirming the activating properties of the novel mutations are warranted...
- Endogenous levels of serum estradiol and sex hormone binding globulin determine bone mineral density, bone remodeling, the rate of bone loss, and response to treatment with estrogen in elderly womenPrema B Rapuri
Bone Metabolism Unit, Creighton University, School of Medicine, 601 North 30th Street, Room 6718, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4954-62. 2004..Women with a serum estradiol level of less than 9 pg/ml (33 pmol/liter) are optimal candidates for estrogen therapy for osteoporosis prevention...
- Fine mapping of susceptibility genes by Lewontin's linkage disequilibrium measure with application to Alzheimer's diseaseGordon Gong
Creighton University Osteoporosis Research Center, 601 North 30th Street, Suite 6730, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Chin Med J (Engl) 115:1233-40. 2002..To formulate an equation for fine mapping of disease loci under complex conditions and determine the marker-disease distance in a specific case using this equation...
- Effect of discontinuation of estrogen, calcitriol, and the combination of both on bone density and bone markersJ Christopher Gallagher
Bone Metabolism Unit, Creighton University School of Medicine, 601 North 30th Street, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4914-23. 2002....
- Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in an incident dialysis populationDaniel O Young
Nephrology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Hemodial Int 11:86-95. 2007..In summary, the metabolic syndrome is highly prevalent in incident dialysis patients...
- Inherited, familial and sporadic primary open-angle glaucomaGordon Gong
West Texas EXPORT Center, F Marie Hall Institute for Rural and Community Health, Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Lubbock, TX 79409 USA
J Natl Med Assoc 99:559-63. 2007..We further formulated a mathematic model to estimate disease prevalence and mutation frequency taking both ethnic background and familial aggregation into consideration...
- Bone mineral density of recent African immigrants in the United StatesGordon Gong
West Texas EXPORT Center, Office of Rural and Community Health, Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Box 45013 STOP 5013, Lubbock, TX 79409, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:746-52. 2006..Racial/ethnic difference in bone mineral density (BMD) exists. The underlying mechanism is unclear and needs investigation...
- Bone mineral density-affecting genes in AfricansGordon Gong
Center, University of Texas at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:1102-8. 2006..We have recently reported the role of environmental exposure in the ethnic diversity of bone mineral density (BMD). Potential genetic difference has not been adequately assessed...