M Janet Barger-Lux
Affiliation: Creighton University
- Effects of above average summer sun exposure on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and calcium absorptionM Janet Barger-Lux
Osteoporosis Research Center, Creighton University, 601 North 30th Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4952-6. 2002..Despite this input, at the late winter visit, 25(OH)D was less than 50 nmol/liter in 3 subjects and less than 75 nmol/liter in 15 subjects...
- Bone microstructure in osteoporosis: transilial biopsy and histomorphometryM Janet Barger-Lux
Osteoporosis Research Center, Creighton University School of Medicine, 601 North 30th Street, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Top Magn Reson Imaging 13:297-305. 2002....
- The elusive concept of bone qualityRobert R Recker
Creighton University School of Medicine, 601 North 30th Street, Suite 5766, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Curr Osteoporos Rep 2:97-100. 2004..New technologies for studying bone microstructure and matrix composition, merging with sophisticated biomechanical assessments, are advancing our ideas regarding bone "damageability" and its effects over time...
- Human serum 25-hydroxycholecalciferol response to extended oral dosing with cholecalciferolRobert P Heaney
Creighton University, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 77:204-10. 2003..The cholecalciferol inputs required to achieve or maintain any given serum 25-hydroxycholecalciferol concentration are not known, particularly within ranges comparable to the probable physiologic supply of the vitamin...
- Calcium and weight: clinical studiesRobert P Heaney
Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 21:152S-155S. 2002..5-3.0 kg lower body weight in adults. Taken together these data suggest that increasing calcium intake by the equivalent of two dairy servings per day could reduce the risk of overweight substantially, perhaps by as much as 70 percent...
- Calcium supplementation does not augment bone gain in young women consuming diets moderately low in calciumM Janet Barger-Lux
Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
J Nutr 135:2362-6. 2005....
- Calcium absorptive efficiency is positively related to body sizeM Janet Barger-Lux
Creighton University, 601 North 30th Street, Suite 4841, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5118-20. 2005..Calcium absorption efficiency is a more important determinant of calcium balance than calcium intake itself. The sources of variability in absorptive performance are only partly elucidated...