Suzannah K Creech
- Psychological/verbal abuse and utilization of mental health care in perinatal women seeking treatment for depressionSuzannah Creech
Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 15:361-5. 2012..More women than expected who reported current psychological abuse left treatment early compared to those without such reports...
- Written emotional disclosure of trauma and trauma history alter pain sensitivitySuzannah K Creech
Department of Psychology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
J Pain 12:801-10. 2011..History of trauma was related to reduced pain tolerance and enhanced stress-induced hypoalgesia, which underscores the need for further research to examine the extent to which prior history of trauma alters pain processing...
- Optimal scoring of the Multidimensional Pain Inventory in a chronic pain sampleChristopher J Hopwood
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1116, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 15:301-7. 2008..Implications for the assessment of pain patients are discussed...
- Distraction speeds the decay of shock-induced hypoalgesia: evidence for the contribution of memory systems in affective pain modulationJeffrey S Grimes
Department of Psychology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 4235, USA
J Pain 10:282-92. 2009..Understanding the impact of post-pain distraction on pain processing may have important clinical implications because it may influence patients' willingness to undergo future painful medical procedures...
- College women's perceived risk to experience sexual victimization: a prospective analysisLindsay M Orchowski
Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Violence Vict 27:194-214. 2012..Controlling for victimization history, higher levels of risk to experience sexual intercourse over the interim via arguments predicted this form of victimization over the follow-up. Implications are discussed...