Affiliation: Covance Laboratories
- Sleep disturbances reported by refractory partial-onset epilepsy patients receiving polytherapyXiao Xu
Covance Market Access Services, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878, USA
Epilepsia 47:1176-83. 2006..Although sleep disturbances are common in epilepsy, few studies examined the prevalence and impact of sleep disturbance in epilepsy patients. This study investigates these in a cross-sectional survey...
- Prevalence of and risk factors for intimate partner violence in ChinaXiao Xu
School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Public Health 95:78-85. 2005..We estimated the prevalence of and risk factors for intimate partner violence in China...
- Patient-reported utilization patterns of fentanyl transdermal system and oxycodone hydrochloride controlled-release among patients with chronic nonmalignant painStacey J Ackerman
Covance Health Economics and Outcomes Services Inc, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 5355, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 9:223-31. 2003..Although use of long-acting opioid analgesics has increased for chronic nonmalignant pain management, little is known about patient-reported utilization patterns...
- Risk factors for femicide in abusive relationships: results from a multisite case control studyJacquelyn C Campbell
School of Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205 2110, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1089-97. 2003..This 11-city study sought to identify risk factors for femicide in abusive relationships...
- Reductions in symptom distress reported by patients with moderately severe, nonerosive gastroesophageal reflux disease treated with rabeprazoleAnne Damiano
Covance Health Economics and Outcomes Services Inc, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878, USA
Dig Dis Sci 48:657-62. 2003..Rabeprazole significantly reduced the distress associated with a broad range of GERD symptoms, and the magnitude of this effect was meaningful to patients...
- Burden of illness, visual impairment and health resource utilisation of patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration: results from the UK cohort of a five-country cross-sectional studyAndrew Lotery
University of Southampton, Southampton Eye Unit, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1303-7. 2007..Quantitative data regarding the impact of neovascular age-related macular degeneration (NV-AMD) on individuals and society is a prerequisite for rational decision-making processes when evaluating alternative treatments for the disease...
- Burden and health care resource utilization in neovascular age-related macular degeneration: findings of a multicountry studyGisele Soubrane
Department of Ophthalmology, University Paris XII, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Creteil, 40 avenue de Verdun, Creteil, France
Arch Ophthalmol 125:1249-54. 2007..To describe the burden of bilateral neovascular age-related macular degeneration (NV-AMD) on patient-reported functioning and health resource utilization...
- Burden of illness of neovascular age-related macular degeneration in CanadaAlan Cruess
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
Can J Ophthalmol 42:836-43. 2007..The neovascular form of AMD is responsible for 90% of severe vision loss associated with the disease. This study was conducted to assess the burden of neovascular AMD in the Canadian population...
- Economic burden of bilateral neovascular age-related macular degeneration: multi-country observational studyAlan F Cruess
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 26:57-73. 2008..With aging populations, this leading cause of rapid vision loss in Western countries is expected to become a pressing health predicament, requiring decision makers to evaluate alternative treatment strategies for AMD...
- The impact of seizures and adverse effects on global health ratingsJoyce A Cramer
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Epilepsy Behav 11:179-84. 2007..These data provide insight into the risk-benefit concerns of patients at equipoise when addressing the efficacy and AEs of AEDs...
- Painful diabetic neuropathy: a cross-sectional survey of health state impairment and treatment patternsThomas Tölle
Neurologic Clinic, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Diabetes Complications 20:26-33. 2006..To determine the patient burden of painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN) with respect to pain intensity and impact on patient functioning and to characterize relevant DPN treatment patterns...
- Differentiating anxiety and depression symptoms in patients with partial epilepsyJoyce A Cramer
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06516 2770, USA
Epilepsy Behav 6:563-9. 2005..337 (anxiety) and 0.511 (depression)). The data suggest that patients may benefit from increased attention to the role of anxiety separately from depression...
- Burden of illness of bilateral neovascular age-related macular degeneration in SpainJosé María Ruiz-Moreno
University of Castilla La Mancha, Albacete, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 24:2103-11. 2008..The burden of illness, including health resource utilization and costs associated with bilateral neovascular age-related macular degeneration (Nv-AMD), was assessed in Spain...
- Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: Hangzhou experiencesShu Sen Zheng
Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Department of Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Transplantation 85:1726-32. 2008..This study was designed to summarize our experience in LT for HCC patients and establish a new set of criteria for patient selection and prognosis prediction...
- The influence of a newly developed quinolone: antofloxacin, on CYP activity in ratsXiao Xu
Key Laboratory of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 33:1-7. 2008....
- A novel prognostic model based on serum levels of total bilirubin and creatinine early after liver transplantationXiao Xu
Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Department of Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Liver Int 27:816-24. 2007..We aim to evaluate the impact of early renal dysfunction (ERD), early allograft dysfunction (EAD) on post-transplant mortality, and further explore a simple and accurate model to predict prognosis...
- Prophylaxis and treatment of hepatitis B virus reinfection following liver transplantationShu Sen Zheng
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 1:327-9. 2002..To prevent and early diagnose hepatitis B virus reinfection and recurrent hepatitis B following liver transplantation, and to discuss the further treatment of recurrent hepatitis B...
- Assessment of time and practice resources required to provide weekly or monthly erythropoiesis-stimulating protein therapy to chronic kidney disease patients in the physician office settingMarializa Bernardo
Southwest Houston Research, 8323 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77074, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 12:714-25. 2006..Little is known about the cost in physician office resources of routine erythropoiesis-stimulating protein (ESP) administration to treat patients with nondialysis CKD...
- [Effect of dandi tablet on blood lipids and sex hormones in women of postmenopausal stage]Ruining Liang
Affiliated Hospital, Jiangxi Medical College, Nanchang 330006
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 23:593-5. 2003..To explore the effect of Dandi Tablet (DDT), a TCM preparation for tonifying Shen and activating blood circulation, on blood lipids and sex hormones in women of postmenopausal stage...
- Health effects of managed care among the near-elderlyXiao Xu
University of Michigan, USA
J Aging Health 18:507-33. 2006..The authors evaluate whether enrolling in a health maintenance organization (HMO) or preferred provider organization (PPO) affects the health of adults ages 55 to 64, relative to fee-for-service plans...
- Insurance coverage and health care use among near-elderly womenXiao Xu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, L4000 Women s Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0276, USA
Womens Health Issues 16:139-48. 2006..In this study, we sought to examine the status of near-elderly women's health insurance coverage in the United States and how it may influence their use of health care services...
- [Effects of aspect on distribution pattern of Taxus chinensis population in Yele, Sichuan Province: an analysis based on patches information]Xiao Xu
College of Life Science, West China Normal University, Nanchong
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 16:985-90. 2005..936, 0.735 and 0.802, respectively. There were no significant correlations among the intensity of clustering, patch area, mean patch size, mean patch edge, and mean shape index of aspect patches...
- Clinical experience in liver transplantation from an organ transplantation center in ChinaShu Sen Zheng
Department of Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 1:487-91. 2002..To sum up the experience in liver transplantation in a period of ten years at a single center...
- Gender differences in functional status in middle and older age: are there any age variations?Jersey Liang
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan School of Public Health, 1420 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 63:S282-92. 2008..The present study examines gender differences in changes in functional status after age 50 and how such differences vary across different age groups...