P W Harvey
Affiliation: Covance Laboratories
- Adrenocortical hypertrophy: establishing cause and toxicological significancePhilip W Harvey
Toxicology Department, Covance Laboratories, Otley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG31PY, UK
J Appl Toxicol 30:617-26. 2010....
- Hypothesis: prolactin is tumorigenic to human breast: dispelling the myth that prolactin-induced mammary tumors are rodent-specificPhilip W Harvey
Covance Laboratories, Otley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 1PY, UK
J Appl Toxicol 32:1-9. 2012..Toxicologists and regulators need to consider this in carcinogenicity risk assessments...
- Adverse effects of prolactin in rodents and humans: breast and prostate cancerPhilip W Harvey
Department of Toxicology, Covance Laboratories Ltd, Otley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK
J Psychopharmacol 22:20-7. 2008..More evidence is required concerning prostate cancer risk but molecular biology indicates that prolactin also induces prostate cell proliferation and inhibits apoptosis, which are similar to the responses observed in breast cancer cells...
- Adrenal toxicology: a strategy for assessment of functional toxicity to the adrenal cortex and steroidogenesisPhilip W Harvey
Covance Laboratories UK Ltd, Toxicology Department, Otley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK HG3 1PY
J Appl Toxicol 27:103-15. 2007....
- Hyperprolactinaemia as an adverse effect in regulatory and clinical toxicology: role in breast and prostate cancerP W Harvey
Department of Toxicology, Covance Laboratories Ltd, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK
Hum Exp Toxicol 25:395-404. 2006..Alteration of prolactin level is also a novel mechanism that requires consideration in endocrine disruption research, since both endogenous oestrogens and also xenoestrogens stimulate prolactin secretion or affect prolactin receptors...
- Regulation of endocrine-disrupting chemicals: critical overview and deficiencies in toxicology and risk assessment for human healthPhilip W Harvey
Toxicology Department, Covance Laboratories Ltd, Otley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 1PY, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 20:145-65. 2006....
- Human relevance of rodent prolactin-induced non-genotoxic mammary carcinogenesis: prolactin involvement in human breast cancer and significance for toxicology risk assessmentsPhilip W Harvey
Department of Toxicology, Covance Laboratories, Otley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 1PY, UK
J Appl Toxicol 25:179-83. 2005..Drugs and chemicals causing rodent prolactin-induced mammary carcinogenesis may therefore pose a risk to humans via the same mechanism if exposures also increase prolactin secretion in humans...
- Endocrine disrupters and human health: could oestrogenic chemicals in body care cosmetics adversely affect breast cancer incidence in women?Philip W Harvey
Department of Toxicology, Covance Laboratories Ltd, Otley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 1PY, UK
J Appl Toxicol 24:167-76. 2004..The exposure issues are clear and the exposed population is large, and these factors should provide the necessary impetus to investigate this potential issue of public health...
- The adrenal cortex and steroidogenesis as cellular and molecular targets for toxicity: critical omissions from regulatory endocrine disrupter screening strategies for human health?Philip W Harvey
Covance Laboratories Ltd, Otley Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 1PY, UK
J Appl Toxicol 23:81-7. 2003....
- Significance of the detection of esters of p-hydroxybenzoic acid (parabens) in human breast tumoursPhilip W Harvey
J Appl Toxicol 24:1-4. 2004..the toxicology of these compounds and 4). the limitations of the existing toxicology database and the need to consider data that is appropriate to human exposures...
- Antipsychotics and hyperprolactinaemia: clinical recommendationsRobert C Peveler
University of Southampton, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, UK
J Psychopharmacol 22:98-103. 2008..We hope it will add to the debate about this topic...
- Paraben esters: review of recent studies of endocrine toxicity, absorption, esterase and human exposure, and discussion of potential human health risksPhilippa D Darbre
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Reading, Reading RG6 6AJ, UK
J Appl Toxicol 28:561-78. 2008....
- Parabens, oestrogenicity, underarm cosmetics and breast cancer: a perspective on a hypothesisPhilip W Harvey
J Appl Toxicol 23:285-8. 2003..The role of oestrogens in breast cancer, however, is undisputed...
- Approaches to the assessment of toxicity data with endpoints related to endocrine disruptionPhilip W Harvey
National Centre for Environmental Toxicology, WRc NSF Ltd, Henley Road, Medmenham, Marlow, Bucks SL7 2HD, UK
J Appl Toxicol 22:241-7. 2002....
- Comment on developmental toxicity evaluation of butylparaben in Sprague-Dawley ratsPhilip W Harvey
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 74:114-5; author reply 116-7. 2005