R C Young
Affiliation: Cornell University
- A pilot study of standardized treatment in geriatric bipolar disorderAriel G Gildengers
Intervention Research Center for Late-Life Mood Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, the Bipolar Disorder Center for Pennsylvanians, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 15213, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:319-23. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Treating older adults with bipolar disorder under standardized treatment is feasible and is associated with low symptom levels. However, most older adults with bipolar disorder do not experience sustained recovery...
- Evidence-based pharmacological treatment of geriatric bipolar disorderRobert C Young
Payne Whitney Westchester and Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 28:837-69, viii. 2005
- Age and ratings of manic psychopathologyRobert C Young
Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Bipolar Disord 9:301-4. 2007..e., Sexual Interest, Increased Activity-Energy, Speech--Rate and Amount, and Disruptive-Aggressive Behavior...
- Pharmacotherapy of bipolar disorder in old age: review and recommendationsRobert C Young
Payne Whitney, Westchester, and the Institute for Geriatric Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 21 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains, New York 10605, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 12:342-57. 2004..Similarly, there are no systematic studies of the treatment of BP depression in elderly patients. The authors make suggestions for management and delineate priorities for research...
- Cognitive impairment in bipolar disorder in old age: literature review and findings in manic patientsR C Young
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, and Payne Whitney Westchester, USA
J Affect Disord 92:125-31. 2006..Descriptions of aged patients with bipolar (BP) disorder have commented on cognitive impairments. However, the literature regarding cognitive test performance in this population has apparently been scant...
- Antidepressant-associated mania in late lifeR C Young
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:421-4. 2003..Clinical characteristics of antidepressant-associated mania (AAM) in late life have not been examined...
- Conceptual and methodological issues in designing a randomized, controlled treatment trial for geriatric bipolar disorder: GERI-BDRobert C Young
Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Bipolar Disord 12:56-67. 2010..This report considers the conceptual and methodological concerns confronting clinical investigators seeking to generate knowledge regarding the tolerability and benefits of pharmacotherapy in geriatric bipolar disorder (BD) patients...
- Executive dysfunction and long-term outcomes of geriatric depressionG S Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry, Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 57:285-90. 2000..This study investigated the relationship of executive and memory impairment to relapse, recurrence, and course of residual depressive symptoms and signs after remission of geriatric major depression...
- Brainstem evoked response abnormalities in late-life depression with vascular diseaseB Kalayam
Department of Psychiatry, Cornell University Medical College, New York
Am J Psychiatry 154:970-5. 1997....
- Serotonin transporter polymorphisms, microstructural white matter abnormalities and remission of geriatric depressionGeorge S Alexopoulos
Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, United States
J Affect Disord 119:132-41. 2009..This study compared microstructural abnormalities in depressed elders and controls and studied the association of the serotonin transporter gene status to white matter abnormalities and to remission of depression...
- Crisis in access to care: geriatric psychiatry services unobtainable at any priceRobert C Abrams
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Public Health Rep 121:646-9. 2006
- Frontal signal hyperintensities in mania in old ageJose M de Asis
Department of Psychiatry, NY Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Westchester Division, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:598-604. 2006..The authors assessed frontal and subcortical SH in elderly bipolar manic patients and the comparison group, and hypothesized that SH scores would be greater in the patient group...
- Executive dysfunction in elderly bipolar manic patientsFaith M Gunning-Dixon
Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:506-12. 2008..This study used neuropsychological measures of executive skills to examine the functioning of frontostriatal networks in elderly bipolar patients...
- MRI signal hyperintensities and treatment remission of geriatric depressionFaith M Gunning-Dixon
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, White Plains, NY, United States
J Affect Disord 126:395-401. 2010..We hypothesized that patients who failed to remit during a 12-week controlled treatment trial of escitalopram would exhibit greater SH burden than patients who remitted...
- Use of the Cornell scale in nondemented patientsG S Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry, Cornell University Medical College, White Plains, New York 10605
J Am Geriatr Soc 36:230-6. 1988..To our knowledge, the Cornell scale is the only depression-rating instrument that has been validated in both demented and nondemented geriatric subjects...
- Bipolar disorder in older persons: perspectives and new findingsRobert C Young
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:265-7. 2005
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance consensus statement on the unmet needs in diagnosis and treatment of mood disorders in late lifeDennis S Charney
National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:664-72. 2003....
- Bipolar and depressive types of schizoaffective disorder in old ageXiaolei Y Baran
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:382-3. 2006
- Randomized phase III trial of three versus six cycles of adjuvant carboplatin and paclitaxel in early stage epithelial ovarian carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyJeffrey Bell
Ohio State University and Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Riverside Methodist Hospital Columbus Cancer Council, Columbus, OH 43214, USA
Gynecol Oncol 102:432-9. 2006....
- Early-stage ovarian cancer: to treat or not to treatRobert C Young
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:94-5. 2003
- Cancer statistics, 2002: progress or cause for concern?Robert C Young
CA Cancer J Clin 52:6-7. 2002
- Frontostriatal Impairment& Treatment of Geriatric ManiaRobert Young; Fiscal Year: 2007..The award will facilitate his contribution to new related initiatives in the Cornell IRC that pertain to this population. It will foster his mentoring of young investigators focusing on these patients. ..
- Aging, White Matter Changes, Executive Dysfunction and DepressionRobert Young; Fiscal Year: 2007..The clinical significance of the proposed study is that it can guide research leading to physiologically meaningful, novel antidepressant therapies aimed at aging-related frontal system dysfunction. ..
- Acute Pharmacotherapy of Late-Life Mania-Study Coordinating CenterRobert Young; Fiscal Year: 2007..The SCC organization uses the experience, clinical resources, and strong research infrastructure at the collaborating sites. It, therefore, is strongly positioned for the successful conduct of this first study of its kind. ..
- Acute Pharmacotherapy of Late-Life ManiaRobert Young; Fiscal Year: 2007..The sites have a history of successful collaborative research, including demanding geriatric studies. ..