R C Young
Affiliation: Cornell University
- A pilot study of standardized treatment in geriatric bipolar disorderAriel G Gildengers
Intervention Research Center for Late Life Mood Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, the Bipolar Disorder Center for Pennsylvanians, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 15213, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:319-23. 2005..The authors sought to determine the feasibility of treating elderly adults with bipolar disorder under standardized-treatment conditions...
- Evidence-based pharmacological treatment of geriatric bipolar disorderRobert C Young
Payne Whitney Westchester and Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 28:837-69, viii. 2005
- Age and ratings of manic psychopathologyRobert C Young
Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Bipolar Disord 9:301-4. 2007..e., Sexual Interest, Increased Activity-Energy, Speech--Rate and Amount, and Disruptive-Aggressive Behavior...
- Pharmacotherapy of bipolar disorder in old age: review and recommendationsRobert C Young
Payne Whitney, Westchester, and the Institute for Geriatric Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 21 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains, New York 10605, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 12:342-57. 2004..Similarly, there are no systematic studies of the treatment of BP depression in elderly patients. The authors make suggestions for management and delineate priorities for research...
- Cognitive impairment in bipolar disorder in old age: literature review and findings in manic patientsR C Young
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, and Payne Whitney Westchester, USA
J Affect Disord 92:125-31. 2006..Descriptions of aged patients with bipolar (BP) disorder have commented on cognitive impairments. However, the literature regarding cognitive test performance in this population has apparently been scant...
- Antidepressant-associated mania in late lifeR C Young
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:421-4. 2003..Clinical characteristics of antidepressant-associated mania (AAM) in late life have not been examined...
- Conceptual and methodological issues in designing a randomized, controlled treatment trial for geriatric bipolar disorder: GERI-BDRobert C Young
Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Bipolar Disord 12:56-67. 2010..This report considers the conceptual and methodological concerns confronting clinical investigators seeking to generate knowledge regarding the tolerability and benefits of pharmacotherapy in geriatric bipolar disorder (BD) patients...
- Executive dysfunction and long-term outcomes of geriatric depressionG S Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry, Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 57:285-90. 2000..This study investigated the relationship of executive and memory impairment to relapse, recurrence, and course of residual depressive symptoms and signs after remission of geriatric major depression...
- Brainstem evoked response abnormalities in late-life depression with vascular diseaseB Kalayam
Department of Psychiatry, Cornell University Medical College, New York
Am J Psychiatry 154:970-5. 1997....
- Serotonin transporter polymorphisms, microstructural white matter abnormalities and remission of geriatric depressionGeorge S Alexopoulos
Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, United States
J Affect Disord 119:132-41. 2009..This study compared microstructural abnormalities in depressed elders and controls and studied the association of the serotonin transporter gene status to white matter abnormalities and to remission of depression...
- Crisis in access to care: geriatric psychiatry services unobtainable at any priceRobert C Abrams
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Public Health Rep 121:646-9. 2006
- Frontal signal hyperintensities in mania in old ageJose M de Asis
Department of Psychiatry, NY Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Westchester Division, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:598-604. 2006..The authors assessed frontal and subcortical SH in elderly bipolar manic patients and the comparison group, and hypothesized that SH scores would be greater in the patient group...
- Executive dysfunction in elderly bipolar manic patientsFaith M Gunning-Dixon
Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:506-12. 2008..This study used neuropsychological measures of executive skills to examine the functioning of frontostriatal networks in elderly bipolar patients...
- MRI signal hyperintensities and treatment remission of geriatric depressionFaith M Gunning-Dixon
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, White Plains, NY, United States
J Affect Disord 126:395-401. 2010..We hypothesized that patients who failed to remit during a 12-week controlled treatment trial of escitalopram would exhibit greater SH burden than patients who remitted...
- Use of the Cornell scale in nondemented patientsG S Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry, Cornell University Medical College, White Plains, New York 10605
J Am Geriatr Soc 36:230-6. 1988..To our knowledge, the Cornell scale is the only depression-rating instrument that has been validated in both demented and nondemented geriatric subjects...
- Bipolar disorder in older persons: perspectives and new findingsRobert C Young
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:265-7. 2005
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance consensus statement on the unmet needs in diagnosis and treatment of mood disorders in late lifeDennis S Charney
National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:664-72. 2003..To review progress made during the past decade in late-life mood disorders and to identify areas of unmet need in health care delivery and research...
- Bipolar and depressive types of schizoaffective disorder in old ageXiaolei Y Baran
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:382-3. 2006
- Randomized phase III trial of three versus six cycles of adjuvant carboplatin and paclitaxel in early stage epithelial ovarian carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyJeffrey Bell
Ohio State University and Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Riverside Methodist Hospital Columbus Cancer Council, Columbus, OH 43214, USA
Gynecol Oncol 102:432-9. 2006....
- Early-stage ovarian cancer: to treat or not to treatRobert C Young
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:94-5. 2003
- Cancer statistics, 2002: progress or cause for concern?Robert C Young
CA Cancer J Clin 52:6-7. 2002