Affiliation: Cornell University
- Hippocampal N-acetylaspartate concentration and response to riluzole in generalized anxiety disorderSanjay J Mathew
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:891-8. 2008....
- Increased ventricular lactate in chronic fatigue syndrome. III. Relationships to cortical glutathione and clinical symptoms implicate oxidative stress in disorder pathophysiologyDikoma C Shungu
Department of Radiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
NMR Biomed 25:1073-87. 2012..Collectively, the results of this third independent study support a pathophysiological model of CFS in which increased oxidative stress may play a key role in CFS etiopathophysiology...
- Automated analysis of 1H magnetic resonance metabolic imaging data as an aid to clinical decision-making in the evaluation of intracranial lesionsDikoma C Shungu
Department of Radiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:4327-30. 2007....
- Multinuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy for in vivo assessment of mitochondrial dysfunction in Parkinson's diseaseClaire Henchcliffe
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1147:206-20. 2008....
- Monitoring the effects of BCNU chemotherapy Wafers (Gliadel) in glioblastoma multiforme with proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging at 3.0 TeslaJonathan P Dyke
Department of Radiology, Citigroup Biomedical Imaging Center, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Neurooncol 82:103-10. 2007..Additional study of patients receiving Gliadel Wafers using (1)H MRSI may serve to aid clinicians in assessing tumor regression and gauging efficacy of this chemotherapy treatment...
- Metabolic abnormality in the cerebellum in patients with essential tremor: a proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging studyElan D Louis
Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurosci Lett 333:17-20. 2002..59, P = 0.02). The reduction in cerebellar cortical NAA/tCR indicates that there is neuronal damage or loss in ET, suggesting that ET may be a neurodegenerative disease...
- Increased ventricular lactate in chronic fatigue syndrome measured by 1H MRS imaging at 3.0 T. II: comparison with major depressive disorderJames W Murrough
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
NMR Biomed 23:643-50. 2010..Future (1)H MRS studies with larger sample sizes and well-characterized populations will be necessary to further clarify the sensitivity and specificity of neurometabolic abnormalities in CFS and MDD...
- Adipose tissue distribution after weight restoration and weight maintenance in women with anorexia nervosaLaurel E S Mayer
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center, and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 90:1132-7. 2009..Whether these abnormalities persist over time remains unknown...
- Body composition in premature adrenarche by structural MRI, 1H MRS and DXANatasha Leibel
Department of Pediatrics, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 22:301-7. 2009..Visceral adiposity and increased intramyocellular lipid (IMCL) are associated with insulin resistance and increased risk of cardiovascular disease...
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and primary lateral sclerosis: evidence-based diagnostic evaluation of the upper motor neuronStephen Chan
Department of Radiology, Columbia University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Milstein Hospital Building, 3rd Floor, 177 Fort Washington Avenue, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuroimaging Clin N Am 13:307-26. 2003..Newer MR tools, such as diffusion tensor imaging, magnetization transfer imaging, and functional MR imaging, have substantial promise as scientific and clinical tools in this ongoing endeavor...
- Amino acid neurotransmitters assessed by proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy: relationship to treatment resistance in major depressive disorderRebecca B Price
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Biol Psychiatry 65:792-800. 2009....
- A magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging study of adult nonhuman primates exposed to early-life stressorsSanjay J Mathew
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:727-35. 2003..Long-term behavioral, immunologic, and neurochemical alterations have been found in primates exposed to adverse early rearing...
- Reproducibility of single- and multi-voxel 1H MRS measurements of intramyocellular lipid in overweight and lean subjects under conditions of controlled dietary calorie and fat intakeWei Shen
Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital and Institute of Human Nutrition, Columbia University, New York, USA
NMR Biomed 21:498-506. 2008....
- Blood harmane is correlated with cerebellar metabolism in essential tremor: a pilot studyElan D Louis
Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, Department of Neurology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Neurology 69:515-20. 2007..Harmane, which is present in the human diet, is a potent tremor-producing neurotoxin. Blood harmane concentrations seem to be elevated in ET...
- Automated tissue segmentation and blind recovery of (1)H MRS imaging spectral patterns of normal and diseased human brainShuyan Du
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
NMR Biomed 21:33-41. 2008....
- Metabolic response of the CWR22 prostate tumor xenograft after 20 Gy of radiation studied by 1H spectroscopic imagingJonathan P Dyke
Citigroup Biomedical Imaging Center, Department of Radiology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:4529-36. 2003..Current markers of tumor progression such as prostate-specific antigen (PSA) do not provide spatial information about tumor extent or regions of high metabolic activity...
- Multisection 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging assessment of glioma response to chemotherapyCasilda Balmaceda
Departments of Neurology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Neurooncol 76:185-91. 2006....
- Nonnegative matrix factorization for rapid recovery of constituent spectra in magnetic resonance chemical shift imaging of the brainPaul Sajda
Laboratory of Intelligent Imaging and Neural Computing, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, 351 Engineering Terrace Building, Mail Code 8904, 1210 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10027, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 23:1453-65. 2004..We demonstrate the hierarchical procedure on 1H brain data and conclude that the computational efficiency of the algorithm makes it well-suited for use in diagnostic work-up...
- Cerebellar metabolic symmetry in essential tremor studied with 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging: implications for disease pathologyElan D Louis
Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Mov Disord 19:672-7. 2004..7%, P = 0.027). These data suggest that pathological lesions in ET patients, which remain elusive, might be distributed similarly in each cerebellar cortex. Postmortem studies are needed to confirm these preliminary imaging results...
- Dorsolateral prefrontal cortical pathology in generalized anxiety disorder: a proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging studySanjay J Mathew
Department of Biological Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia Unversity, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:1119-21. 2004..The present study used proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy to assess concentrations of N-acetylaspartate, often considered a marker of neuronal viability, in generalized anxiety disorder patients...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging of tumor metabolic markers for cancer diagnosis, metabolic phenotyping, and characterization of tumor microenvironmentQiuhong He
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Departments of Medical Physics and Radiology, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Dis Markers 19:69-94. 2003....
- Decreased choline and creatine concentrations in centrum semiovale in patients with generalized anxiety disorder: relationship to IQ and early traumaJeremy D Coplan
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Neuropsychopharmacology, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, 11023, USA
Psychiatry Res 147:27-39. 2006..These conclusions are deemed preliminary due to small sample size, with further study of cerebral WM in anxiety disorders suggested...
- A multicenter study of two magnetic resonance spectroscopy techniques in individuals with HIV dementiaNed Sacktor
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 21:325-33. 2005..To evaluate single-voxel proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (SV-MRS) and magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging (MRSI) metabolite results in individuals with HIV dementia...
- Novel MRS Neurotechnology for Imaging GABA & Glutamate Function in SchizophreniaDikoma Shungu; Fiscal Year: 2007..g.,epilepsy, substance abuse, anxiety disorder, major depression disorder) in which GABA and/or Glu function may be dysregulated. ..
- Novel MRS Neurotechnology for Imaging GABA & Glutamate Function in SchizophreniaDikoma Shungu; Fiscal Year: 2009..g.,epilepsy, substance abuse, anxiety disorder, major depression disorder) in which GABA and/or Glu function may be dysregulated. ..
- Novel MRS Neurotechnology for Imaging GABA & Glutamate Function in SchizophreniaDikoma C Shungu; Fiscal Year: 2010..g.,epilepsy, substance abuse, anxiety disorder, major depression disorder) in which GABA and/or Glu function may be dysregulated. ..