J G Scott
Affiliation: Cornell University
- Scott J, Warren W, Beukeboom L, Bopp D, Clark A, Giers S, et al. Genome of the house fly, Musca domestica L., a global vector of diseases with adaptations to a septic environment. Genome Biol. 2014;15:466 pubmed..The genome of this species will also serve as a close out-group to Drosophila in comparative genomic studies. ..
- Meisel R, Davey T, Son J, Gerry A, Shono T, Scott J. Is Multifactorial Sex Determination in the House Fly, Musca domestica (L.), Stable Over Time?. J Hered. 2016;107:615-625 pubmed....
- Hardstone M, Lazzaro B, Scott J. The effect of three environmental conditions on the fitness of cytochrome P450 monooxygenase-mediated permethrin resistance in Culex pipiens quinquefasciatus. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:42 pubmed publisher..Additionally, these results indicate that a P450 resistance allele can persist (especially in heterozygotes) in colder temperatures and could potentially be carried into the Culex pipiens hybrid zone. ..
- Scott J, Liu N, Kristensen M, Clark A. A case for sequencing the genome of Musca domestica (Diptera: Muscidae). J Med Entomol. 2009;46:175-82 pubmed..The community of researchers investigating Musca domestica are well prepared and highly motivated to apply genomic analyses to their widely varied research programs...
- Sun H, Buchon N, Scott J. Mdr65 decreases toxicity of multiple insecticides in Drosophila melanogaster. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;89:11-16 pubmed publisher..9, 2.1 and 3.9, respectively. Altogether, this data demonstrates the critical role of ABC transporters, particularly Mdr65, in altering the toxicity of specific, structurally diverse, insecticides in D.Â melanogaster. ..
- Sun H, Kasai S, Scott J. Two novel house fly Vssc mutations, D600N and T929I, give rise to new insecticide resistance alleles. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2017;143:116-121 pubmed publisher..The implications of these results on the evolution of resistance are discussed...