Edyta C Pirog
Affiliation: Cornell University
- P16/CDKN2A and Ki-67 enhance the detection of anal intraepithelial neoplasia and condyloma and correlate with human papillomavirus detection by polymerase chain reactionEdyta C Pirog
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1449-55. 2010..These results indicate that a combination of these markers may aid interpretation of anal mucosal biopsy samples...
- Proliferative activity of benign and neoplastic endocervical epithelium and correlation with HPV DNA detectionEdyta C Pirog
Department of Pathology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 21:22-6. 2002..In conclusion, MIB-1 is a useful marker of endocervical neoplasia, although in rare cases an overlap between benign and neoplastic cases may exist...
- Low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions of the cervix with marked cytological atypia-clinical follow-up and human papillomavirus genotypingKay Park
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 26:457-62. 2007..Marked cytological atypia in LSILs identifies a subset of patients with a high rate of HSIL on follow-up. In such patients, an excisional cone biopsy should be strongly considered...
- p16 and Ki-67 immunostaining in atypical immature squamous metaplasia of the uterine cervix: correlation with human papillomavirus detectionLori Iaconis
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:1343-9. 2007..Atypical immature squamous metaplasia (AIM) of the cervix is a loosely defined entity characterized by immature metaplastic cells with mild cytologic atypia...
- Immunoprofile of adenocarcinomas of the endometrium, endocervix, and ovary with mucinous differentiationKay J Park
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 17:8-11. 2009..In gynecologic mucinous tumors with intestinal differentiation, the overlap of staining positivity may be a limiting factor. However, a dominant CK7 staining pattern was observed...
- Clinical, pathologic, and molecular features of early-onset colorectal carcinomaRhonda K Yantiss
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:572-82. 2009..Posttranslational regulation of mRNA and subsequent protein expression may be particularly important to the development of colorectal carcinomas in young patients...
- Unusual endocervical adenocarcinomas: an immunohistochemical analysis with molecular detection of human papillomavirusKay J Park
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 35:633-46. 2011..The goal of our study was to determine the HPV status and immunohistochemical profiles of unusual histologic subtypes of endocervical adenocarcinoma...
- Detection of microinvasion in vulvar and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia using double immunostaining for cytokeratin and basement membrane componentsDemaretta Rush
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Malcolm Randall VA Medical Center, and University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:747-53. 2005..Presence of obscuring inflammation and tangential tissue sectioning are the most common diagnostic pitfalls...
- Comparison of human papillomavirus DNA prevalence in atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance subcategories as defined by the original Bethesda 1991 and the new Bethesda 2001 SystemsEdyta C Pirog
Department of Pathology, The Papanicolaou Laboratory, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:527-32. 2004..The new Bethesda System 2001 (TBS 2001) minimized the subclassification of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS)...
- The Bethesda System 2001 recommendation for reporting of benign appearing endometrial cells in Pap tests of women age 40 years and older leads to unwarranted surveillance when followed without clinical qualifiersDeniz L Aslan
Department of Pathology, New York, Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center, Papanicolaou Cytology Laboratory Room F766B, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 107:86-93. 2007....
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Cervical Low-Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions Is Improved With MIB-1 ImmunostainingEdyta C Pirog
Department of Pathology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:70-5. 2002..9) and the specificity (0.8) of HPV testing. In conclusion, MIB-1 is a highly sensitive and specific marker for identifying low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion and is helpful in verifying the diagnosis of equivocal cases...