Affiliation: Cornell University
- Sustainability of meat-based and plant-based diets and the environmentDavid Pimentel
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 78:660S-663S. 2003..The meat-based food system requires more energy, land, and water resources than the lactoovovegetarian diet. In this limited sense, the lactoovovegetarian diet is more sustainable than the average American meat-based diet...
- Nuclear war investigation related to a limited nuclear battle with emphasis on agricultural impacts in the United StatesDavid Pimentel
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Ambio 41:894-9. 2012..The most severe impacts would occur during the second year after the modeled nuclear battle...
- Silent Spring, the 50th anniversary of Rachel Carson's bookDavid Pimentel
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 14853, USA
BMC Ecol 12:20. 2012EDITORIAL: David Pimentel is a professor of ecology and agricultural sciences at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-0901. His Ph.D...
- Ethical issues of global corporatization: agriculture and beyondD Pimentel
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Poult Sci 83:321-9. 2004..Numerous ethical issues are related to the problem of malnutrition, including global corporatization...
- Aquatic nuisance species in the New York State Canal and Hudson River systems and the Great Lakes Basin: an economic and environmental assessmentDavid Pimentel
Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, 5126 Comstock Hall, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Environ Manage 35:692-702. 2005..5 billion dollars in losses reported for the Great Lakes Basin...
- Malnutrition, disease, and the developing worldDavid Pimentel
Science 300:251. 2003