Genomes and Genes
Joseph P Pierce
Affiliation: Cornell University
- Mossy fibers are the primary source of afferent input to ectopic granule cells that are born after pilocarpine-induced seizuresJoseph P Pierce
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY 10021, USA
Exp Neurol 196:316-31. 2005....
- Morphometry of hilar ectopic granule cells in the ratJoseph P Pierce
Division of Neurobiology, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Comp Neurol 519:1196-218. 2011..This combination of preserved and aberrant morphological features, potentially supporting convergent afferent input to EGCs and broad, divergent efferent output, could help explain why the hilar EGC population could impair DG function...
- Sex differences in the subcellular distribution of angiotensin type 1 receptors and NADPH oxidase subunits in the dendrites of C1 neurons in the rat rostral ventrolateral medullaJ P Pierce
Division of Neurobiology, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Cornell Medical College, 407 East 61st Street, New York, NY 10065, USA
Neuroscience 163:329-38. 2009....
- Mossy cell axon synaptic contacts on ectopic granule cells that are born following pilocarpine-induced seizuresJoseph P Pierce
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 411 E 69th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neurosci Lett 422:136-40. 2007..The results suggest that mossy cells participate in the excitatory circuits which activate EGCs, providing further insight into the network rearrangements that accompany seizure-induced neurogenesis in this animal model of epilepsy...
- COX-1-derived PGE2 and PGE2 type 1 receptors are vital for angiotensin II-induced formation of reactive oxygen species and Ca(2+) influx in the subfornical organGang Wang
The Brain and Mind Research Institute, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 305:H1451-61. 2013..Our findings provide the first evidence of a spatial and functional framework that underlies ANG-II signaling in the SFO and reveal novel targets for antihypertensive therapies...
- Sex differences in angiotensin signaling in bulbospinal neurons in the rat rostral ventrolateral medullaGang Wang
Division of Neurobiology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 411 East 69th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R1149-57. 2008....
- Degenerating processes identified by electron microscopic immunocytochemical methodsTeresa A Milner
Division of Neurobiology, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Methods Mol Biol 793:23-59. 2011..The information obtained can be further refined through the use of dual immunolabeling, which can provide additional data on the phenotype of the degenerating process and inputs to the process...
- The neurokinin-3 (NK3) and the neurokinin-1 (NK1) receptors are differentially targeted to mesocortical and mesolimbic projection neurons and to neuronal nuclei in the rat ventral tegmental areaAndree Lessard
Department Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Synapse 63:484-501. 2009..The enrichment of NK(3) receptors in mesocortical projection neurons and nuclear distribution of these receptors may provide insight for understanding the selective antipsychotic effectiveness of NK(3) antagonists...
- Hippocampal mossy fiber leu-enkephalin immunoreactivity in female rats is significantly altered following both acute and chronic stressJoseph P Pierce
Brain and Mind Research Institute, Weill Cornell Medical College, 407 East 61st Street, New York, NY 10065, United States
J Chem Neuroanat 55:9-17. 2014..These findings suggest that alterations in leu-enkephalin levels following stress could play an important role in the sex-specific responses that females display in learning processes, including those important in addiction. ..
- Cellular and subcellular localization of androgen receptor immunoreactivity relative to C1 adrenergic neurons in the rostral ventrolateral medulla of male and female ratsTeresa A Milner
Division of Neurobiology, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Synapse 61:268-78. 2007....
- New insights into the role of hilar ectopic granule cells in the dentate gyrus based on quantitative anatomic analysis and three-dimensional reconstructionHelen E Scharfman
The Nathan Kline Institute, Center for Dementia Research, 140 Old Orangeburg Rd, Orangeburg, NY 10962, U S A
Epilepsia 53:109-15. 2012..These data support the idea that HEGCs could function as a "hub" cell in the dentate gyrus and play a critical role in network excitability...
- Stereological methods reveal the robust size and stability of ectopic hilar granule cells after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in the adult ratDaniel P McCloskey
Center for Neural Recovery and Rehabilitation Research, Helen Hayes Hospital, Route 9W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:2203-10. 2006..The results provide new insight into the potential role of ectopic hilar granule cells in the pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy...