Affiliation: Cornell University
- Differential activation of the c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathway in arsenite-induced apoptosis and sensitization of chemically resistant compared to susceptible B-lymphoma cell linesDonna E Muscarella
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, C4 101 VMC, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Toxicol Sci 68:82-92. 2002..Significantly, the sensitization of resistant cells is characterized by a lowering of the threshold concentration of arsenite required to activate the JNK pathway and induce apoptosis...
- Cross-linking of surface IgM in the Burkitt's lymphoma cell line ST486 provides protection against arsenite- and stress-induced apoptosis that is mediated by ERK and phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling pathwaysDonna E Muscarella
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 278:4358-67. 2003..This investigation demonstrates, for the first time, that specific signals transduced by activation of the B-cell receptor protect cells at a common point of regulation in the apoptotic pathways for diverse stresses...
- The contribution of c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation and subsequent Bcl-2 phosphorylation to apoptosis induction in human B-cells is dependent on the mode of action of specific stressesDonna E Muscarella
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 228:93-104. 2008..These results reveal two stress-activated pathways, one JNK-dependent and another JNK-independent, either of which can bypass Bcl-2 mediated resistance, resulting in cell death...
- Potentiation of apoptosis by heat stress plus pesticide exposure in stress resistant human B-lymphoma cells and its attenuation through interaction with follicular dendritic cells: role for c-Jun N-terminal kinase signalingStephen E Bloom
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Veterinary Medical Center, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Toxicol Sci 89:214-23. 2006..These results reveal cell stress scenarios that can greatly augment apoptosis in stress-resistant human B-cells and a germinal center interaction that selectively attenuates pesticide-induced apoptosis...
- Reversal of Bcl-2-mediated resistance of the EW36 human B-cell lymphoma cell line to arsenite- and pesticide-induced apoptosis by PK11195, a ligand of the mitochondrial benzodiazepine receptorDonna E Muscarella
Department of Microbiology, Institute for Comparative Toxicology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Toxicol Sci 74:66-73. 2003..These results show significant drug-mediated alteration of cell sensitivity and JNK pathway activation to environmental chemicals and mitochondrial toxicants, following ligation of the mBzR...
- Arsenite Effects on CD40 Signaling and B-Cell ApoptosisDONNA MUSCARELLA; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MAP KINASE REGULATION OF B-LYMPHOCYTE APOPTOSISDONNA MUSCARELLA; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..