James K Min
Affiliation: Cornell University
- Chang H, Lin F, Lee S, Andreini D, Bax J, Cademartiri F, et al. Coronary Atherosclerotic Precursors of Acute Coronary Syndromes. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018;71:2511-2522 pubmed publisher..Plaque evaluation, including HRP, PB, and plaque composition, identifies high-risk patients above and beyond stenosis severity and aggregate plaque burden. ..
- Park H, Heo R, Ã³ Hartaigh B, Cho I, Gransar H, Nakazato R, et al. Atherosclerotic plaque characteristics by CT angiography identify coronary lesions that cause ischemia: a direct comparison to fractional flow reserve. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015;8:1-10 pubmed publisher..Determination of Fractional Flow Reserve by Anatomic Computed Tomographic Angiography; NCT01233518). ..
- Nakanishi R, Berman D, Budoff M, Gransar H, Achenbach S, Al Mallah M, et al. Current but not past smoking increases the risk of cardiac events: insights from coronary computed tomographic angiography. Eur Heart J. 2015;36:1031-40 pubmed publisher..Among patients without known CAD undergoing CCTA, current and past smokers had increased burden of atherosclerosis compared with never smokers; however, risk of MACE was heightened only in current smokers. ..
- Schulman Marcus J, Hartaigh B, Giambrone A, Gransar H, Valenti V, Berman D, et al. Effects of cardiac medications for patients with obstructive coronary artery disease by coronary computed tomographic angiography: results from the multicenter CONFIRM registry. Atherosclerosis. 2015;238:119-25 pubmed publisher..Other cardiac medications-including aspirin, beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, and ARBs-were not associated with reduced risk of MACE. ..
- Baskaran L, Danad I, Gransar H, ó Hartaigh B, Schulman Marcus J, Lin F, et al. A Comparison of the Updated Diamond-Forrester, CAD Consortium, and CONFIRM History-Based Risk Scores for Predicting Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease in Patients With Stable Chest Pain: The SCOT-HEART Coronary CTA Cohort. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018;: pubmed publisher..CRS exhibited intermediate performance followed by UDF for discrimination and reclassification. ..
- Cho I, Elmore K, Ã“ Hartaigh B, Schulman Marcus J, Granser H, Valenti V, et al. Heart-rate dependent improvement in image quality and diagnostic accuracy of coronary computed tomographic angiography by novel intracycle motion correction algorithm. Clin Imaging. 2015;39:421-6 pubmed publisher..05 for all), but not for HR of 60. Novel intracycle MCA demonstrates improved HR-dependent image interpretability, and quality and accuracy, particularly at higher HRs. ..
- Otaki Y, Gransar H, Cheng V, Dey D, LaBounty T, Lin F, et al. Gender differences in the prevalence, severity, and composition of coronary artery disease in the young: a study of 1635 individuals undergoing coronary CT angiography from the prospective, multinational confirm registry. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015;16:490-9 pubmed publisher..71, 95% CI = 1.65-4.45, P < 0.001). Any and obstructive CAD is present in 1 in 5 and 1 in 20 young individuals, respectively, with family history associated with the greatest risk of obstructive CAD. ..
- Han D, Torii S, Yahagi K, Lin F, Lee J, Rizvi A, et al. Quantitative measurement of lipid rich plaque by coronary computed tomography angiography: A correlation of histology in sudden cardiac death. Atherosclerosis. 2018;275:426-433 pubmed publisher..34?±?0.73?mm2, QCT: 0.37?±?0.71?mm2, p?=?0.701). LAP area by CCTA using a <75 HU cut-off value demonstrated high sensitivity and quantitative agreement with lipid rich plaque area by histology analysis. ..
- van Rosendael A, Maliakal G, Kolli K, Beecy A, Al Aref S, Dwivedi A, et al. Maximization of the usage of coronary CTA derived plaque information using a machine learning based algorithm to improve risk stratification; insights from the CONFIRM registry. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2018;12:204-209 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that a ML based algorithm can improve the integration of CCTA derived plaque information to improve risk stratification. ..
- Nakazato R, Arsanjani R, Shalev A, Leipsic J, Gransar H, Lin F, et al. Diagnostic Accuracy, Image Quality, and Patient Comfort for Coronary CT Angiography Performed Using Iso-Osmolar versus Low-Osmolar Iodinated Contrast: A Prospective International Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial. Acad Radiol. 2016;23:743-51 pubmed publisher..5% vs. 24.6%, P?=?.01). Diagnostic performance and image quality were similar for CCTA performed with iso-osmolar versus low-osmolar iodinated contrast. Indices of patient comfort were improved with iso-osmolar iodinated contrast. ..
- Danad I, Szymonifka J, Schulman Marcus J, Min J. Static and dynamic assessment of myocardial perfusion by computed tomography. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;17:836-44 pubmed publisher..The current review provides an outline of the current status of CTP imaging and also focuses on disparities between static and dynamic CTPs for the evaluation of myocardial blood flow. ..
- Rizvi A, Hartaigh B, Knaapen P, Leipsic J, Shaw L, Andreini D, et al. Rationale and Design of the CREDENCE Trial: computed TomogRaphic evaluation of atherosclerotic DEtermiNants of myocardial IsChEmia. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2016;16:190 pubmed..If proven successful, this study may reduce the number of missed diagnoses and help to optimally predict ischemia-causing lesions. ClinicalTrials.gov, NCT02173275 . Registered on June 23, 2014. ..
- Lee S, Chang H, Rizvi A, Hadamitzky M, Kim Y, Conte E, et al. Rationale and design of the Progression of AtheRosclerotic PlAque DetermIned by Computed TomoGraphic Angiography IMaging (PARADIGM) registry: A comprehensive exploration of plaque progression and its impact on clinical outcomes from a multicenter ser. Am Heart J. 2016;182:72-79 pubmed publisher
- Xiong G, Kola D, Heo R, Elmore K, Cho I, Min J. Myocardial perfusion analysis in cardiac computed tomography angiographic images at rest. Med Image Anal. 2015;24:77-89 pubmed publisher..79 and 0.64, respectively. Our study shows perfusion analysis from CTA images acquired at rest is useful for providing physiologic information in diagnosis of obstructive coronary artery stenoses. ..
- Valenti V, Ã“ Hartaigh B, Heo R, Cho I, Schulman Marcus J, Gransar H, et al. A 15-Year Warranty Period for Asymptomatic Individuals Without Coronary Artery Calcium: A Prospective Follow-Up of 9,715 Individuals. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015;8:900-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in individuals considered at high risk by clinical risk scores, a CAC score of 0 confers better survival than in individuals at low to intermediate risk but with any CAC score. ..
- Hartaigh B, Valenti V, Cho I, Schulman Marcus J, Gransar H, Knapper J, et al. 15-Year prognostic utility of coronary artery calcium scoring for all-cause mortality in the elderly. Atherosclerosis. 2016;246:361-6 pubmed publisher..001) when added to RFs. In a large-scale observational cohort registry, CAC improves prediction, discrimination, and reclassification of elderly individuals at risk for future death. ..
- Valenti V, Hartaigh B, Cho I, Schulman Marcus J, Gransar H, Heo R, et al. Absence of Coronary Artery Calcium Identifies Asymptomatic Diabetic Individuals at Low Near-Term But Not Long-Term Risk of Mortality: A 15-Year Follow-Up Study of 9715 Patients. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:e003528 pubmed publisher..CAC=0 is associated with a favorable 5-year prognosis for asymptomatic diabetic and nondiabetic individuals. After 5 years, the risk of mortality increases significantly for diabetic individuals even in the presence of a baseline CAC=0. ..
- Han D, Starikov A, ó Hartaigh B, Gransar H, Kolli K, Lee J, et al. Relationship Between Endothelial Wall Shear Stress and High-Risk Atherosclerotic Plaque Characteristics for Identification of Coronary Lesions That Cause Ischemia: A Direct Comparison With Fractional Flow Reserve. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed..88, 95% CI 0.82-0.93; P=0.30 for difference). High WSS is associated with APCs independent of stenosis severity. WSS provided no added value beyond stenosis severity and APCs for detecting lesions with significant ischemia. ..
- Min J, Dunning A, Lin F, Achenbach S, Al Mallah M, Berman D, et al. Rationale and design of the CONFIRM (COronary CT Angiography EvaluatioN For Clinical Outcomes: An InteRnational Multicenter) Registry. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2011;5:84-92 pubmed publisher..The results of the CONFIRM registry will provide valuable information about the optimal methods for using CCTA findings. ..
- Danad I, Baskaran L, Min J. Noninvasive Fractional Flow Reserve Derived from Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography for the Diagnosis of Lesion-specific Ischemia. Interv Cardiol Clin. 2015;4:481-489 pubmed publisher..The nature of FFRCT allows the prediction of functional outcome of coronary stenting, which will expand the role of cardiac computed tomography in the evaluation and management of coronary artery disease. ..
- Lee S, Lin F, Lu Y, Chang H, Min J. Rationale and design of the Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography for Selective Cardiac Catheterization: Relation to Cardiovascular Outcomes, Cost Effectiveness and Quality of Life (CONSERVE) trial. Am Heart J. 2017;186:48-55 pubmed publisher..The CONSERVE trial will determine whether selective catheterization strategy, based on initial CCTA in patients being referred to ICA, is safe and effective. ..
- Cho I, ó Hartaigh B, Gransar H, Valenti V, Lin F, Achenbach S, et al. Prognostic implications of coronary artery calcium in the absence of coronary artery luminal narrowing. Atherosclerosis. 2017;262:185-190 pubmed publisher..Patients without luminal narrowing but with CAC experience greater risk of 5-year mortality. Patients with CAC score ?100 and no coronary luminal narrowing experience death rates similar to those with non-obstructive CAD. ..
- Baskaran L, ó Hartaigh B, Schulman Marcus J, Gransar H, Lin F, Min J. Dense calcium and lesion-specific ischemia: A comparison of CCTA with fractional flow reserve. Atherosclerosis. 2017;260:163-168 pubmed publisher..01, 95% CI 0.96-1.06, p = 0.69) was independently associated with ischemia. Dense calcium is not an independent predictor of ischemia, but rather a marker of aggregate LPV, which in turn, is predictive of ischemia. ..
- Rizvi A, Hartaigh B, Danad I, Han D, Lee J, Gransar H, et al. Diffuse coronary artery disease among other atherosclerotic plaque characteristics by coronary computed tomography angiography for predicting coronary vessel-specific ischemia by fractional flow reserve. Atherosclerosis. 2017;258:145-151 pubmed publisher..Conversely, adding log percent PD to the base model of MLD, PR, and LAP improved cNRI by 0.21 (95% CI: 0.01-0.41, p < 0.001). Accounting for diffuse CAD may help improve the accuracy of CCTA for detecting vessel-specific ischemia. ..
- Shalev A, Nakazato R, Arsanjani R, Nakanishi R, Park H, Otaki Y, et al. SYNTAX Score Derived From Coronary CT Angiography for Prediction of Complex Percutaneous Coronary Interventions. Acad Radiol. 2016;23:1384-1392 pubmed publisher..5?±?12?min vs 11.5?±?7.9?min, P?=?0.01) and greater contrast volume (215.4?±?125.5?mL vs 144.3?±?49?mL, P?=?0.02). SYNTAX scores derived from CCTA are concordant with those derived from ICA and correspond with complex PCI. ..
- Ã“ Hartaigh B, Gransar H, Callister T, Shaw L, Schulman Marcus J, Stuijfzand W, et al. Development and Validation of a Simple-to-Use Nomogram for Predicting 5-, 10-, and 15-Year Survival in Asymptomatic Adults Undergoing Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018;11:450-458 pubmed publisher..A simple-to-use nomogram effectively predicts 5-, 10- and 15-year survival for asymptomatic adultsÂ undergoing screening for cardiac risk factors. This nomogram may be considered for use in clinical care. ..
- Danad I, Cho I, Elmore K, Schulman Marcus J, ó Hartaigh B, Stuijfzand W, et al. Comparative diagnostic accuracy of dual-energy CT myocardial perfusion imaging by monochromatic energy versus material decomposition methods. Clin Imaging. 2018;50:1-4 pubmed publisher..05). DECT using monochromatic energy displayed a non-significantly higher diagnostic accuracy for myocardial ischemia as compared with DECT MD. ..
- Min J, Gilmore A, Jones E, Berman D, Stuijfzand W, Shaw L, et al. Cost-effectiveness of diagnostic evaluation strategies for individuals with stable chest pain syndrome and suspected coronary artery disease. Clin Imaging. 2017;43:97-105 pubmed publisher..As pre-test likelihood of CAD varies, different modalities including SE, CCTA, and MPS result in improved costs and enhanced effectiveness. ..