Barbara L Milrod
Affiliation: Cornell University
- Open trial of psychodynamic psychotherapy for panic disorder: a pilot studyB Milrod
Department of Psychiatry, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:1878-80. 2000..This report contains preliminary data from an open trial of brief psychodynamic psychotherapy for panic disorder...
- A 9-year-old with conversion disorder, successfully treated with psychoanalysisBarbara Milrod
Weill Medical College, Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Psychoanal 83:623-31. 2002..The patient's unconscious fantasy constellations that gave rise to this syndrome are highlighted...
- A randomized controlled clinical trial of psychoanalytic psychotherapy for panic disorderBarbara Milrod
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:265-72. 2007..To the authors' knowledge, this is the first efficacy randomized controlled clinical trial of panic-focused psychodynamic psychotherapy, a manualized psychoanalytical psychotherapy for patients with DSM-IV panic disorder...
- Do comorbid personality disorders moderate panic-focused psychotherapy? An exploratory examination of the American Psychiatric Association practice guidelineBarbara L Milrod
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:885-91. 2007..No data underlie this recommendation. This exploratory study assessed the moderating effect of personality disorder on psychodynamic and non-psychodynamic psychotherapy outcome...
- A new scale for assessing the quality of randomized clinical trials of psychotherapyJames H Kocsis
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
Compr Psychiatry 51:319-24. 2010..In 2004, the American Psychiatric Association's Committee on Research on Psychiatric Treatments appointed a subcommittee to investigate the status of empirical evidence with regard to psychodynamic psychotherapy...
- Emptiness in agoraphobia patientsBarbara Milrod
Weill Cornell College of Medicine, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 55:1007-26; discussion 1027-32. 2007..Nonetheless, this phenomenon may be one of the contributors to the chronicity of the disorder. Two clinical cases illustrate these points...
- A quality-based review of randomized controlled trials of cognitive-behavioral therapy for depression: an assessment and metaregressionNathan C Thoma
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:22-30. 2012..The authors also sought to examine the relationship between quality and outcome in the CBT trials...
- Teaching clinical research on psychodynamic psychotherapy to psychiatric residentsFredric N Busch
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Psychodyn Psychiatry 41:141-62. 2013..The authors believe that teaching psychotherapy research to residents will aid the development of a generation of clinicians who can best recognize the value of a psychodynamic approach for patients...
- A quality-based review of randomized controlled trials of psychodynamic psychotherapyAndrew J Gerber
Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 168:19-28. 2011..The authors report results from application of the RCT-PQRS to 94 randomized controlled trials of psychodynamic psycho-therapy published between 1974 and May 2010...
- Critical review of outcome research on interpersonal psychotherapy for anxiety disordersJohn C Markowitz
Anxiety Disorders Clinic, Division of Clinical Therapeutics, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York
Depress Anxiety 31:316-25. 2014..This article critically reviews outcome research testing IPT for anxiety disorders, a diagnostic area where cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) has dominated research and treatment...
- A CONTROLLED TRIAL OF PSYCHODYNAMIC TREATMENT FOR PANICBarbara Milrod; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon completion of the award, Dr. Millrod will serve as principle investigator in psychotherapy research studies, and as mentor to residents, child and adolescent psychiatry fellows, medical students and colleagues. ..