Dimitris N Kiosses
Affiliation: Cornell University
- Psychosocial interventions for late-life major depression: evidence-based treatments, predictors of treatment outcomes, and moderators of treatment effectsDimitris N Kiosses
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, 21 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 34:377-401, viii. 2011..Future research may examine the moderating effects of baseline depression severity and identify other clinical or demographic moderators...
- The prognostic significance of subsyndromal symptoms emerging after remission of late-life depressionD N Kiosses
Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Psychol Med 43:341-50. 2013..However, some patients experience subsyndromal symptoms after they achieve remission. This study examines the prognostic significance of subsyndromal symptoms occurring during the first 6 months after remission of late-life depression...
- A home-delivered intervention for depressed, cognitively impaired, disabled eldersDimitris N Kiosses
Weill Cornell Medical College, White Plains, NY, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 26:256-62. 2011..A new intervention is needed in this population as antidepressant treatment is effective in only a minority of these patients...
- Home-delivered problem adaptation therapy (PATH) for depressed, cognitively impaired, disabled elders: A preliminary studyDimitris N Kiosses
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:988-98. 2010....
- Executive dysfunction, heart disease burden, and remission of geriatric depressionGeorge S Alexopoulos
Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY 10605, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:2278-84. 2004..The findings of this study provide the rationale for investigation of the role of specific frontostriatal-limbic pathways in predisposing to geriatric depression or worsening its course...
- Executive dysfunction and the course of geriatric depressionGeorge S Alexopoulos
Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 21 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Biol Psychiatry 58:204-10. 2005..This study examined the relationship of executive impairment to the course of depressive symptoms among elderly patients with major depression...
- Personalised intervention for people with depression and severe COPDGeorge S Alexopoulos
Weill Cornell Medical Center, 21 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Br J Psychiatry 202:235-6. 2013..If replicated, PID-C may serve as a care model for patients with both depression and medical illnesses with a deteriorating course...
- Ecosystem focused therapy in poststroke depression: a preliminary studyGeorge S Alexopoulos
Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, New York, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 27:1053-60. 2012..This is a preliminary study of its efficacy...
- Problem-solving therapy and supportive therapy in older adults with major depression and executive dysfunction: effect on disabilityGeorge S Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:33-41. 2011..Older patients with depression and executive dysfunction represent a population with significant disability and a high likelihood of failing pharmacotherapy...
- Clinical presentation of the "depression-executive dysfunction syndrome" of late lifeGeorge S Alexopoulos
Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College, Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 10:98-106. 2002..These findings may aid clinicians in identifying patients needing vigilant follow-up, because depression with executive dysfunction was found to be associated with disability, poor treatment response, relapse, and recurrence...
- Frontal signal hyperintensities in mania in old ageJose M de Asis
Department of Psychiatry, NY Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Westchester Division, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:598-604. 2006..The authors assessed frontal and subcortical SH in elderly bipolar manic patients and the comparison group, and hypothesized that SH scores would be greater in the patient group...
- IADL functions, cognitive deficits, and severity of depression: a preliminary studyDimitris N Kiosses
New York Presbyterian Hospital, 21 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:244-9. 2005..The authors examined the relationship of depression severity and the cognitive domains of attention, initiation/perseveration, construction, conceptualization, and memory to nine distinct IADLs...
- Frontal white matter microstructure and treatment response of late-life depression: a preliminary studyGeorge S Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical Colege, Cornell University, and the Nathan Kline Institute, Orangeburg, NY 10605, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:1929-32. 2002..This study tested the hypothesis that microstructural abnormalities in white matter areas of the brain containing frontostriatal tracts are associated with a low rate of remission of geriatric depression...